Cool find at the lease and poor Bucky 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool find at the lease and poor Bucky 2020

Yesterday it was cooler and we decided to go rattle a little. The first set we had 2 bucks come in with in 3-4 minutes. One from a Creek 100 yds out and the other from a Creek about 500 yds out. The wind was blowing 10-15 in that direction. They both were young 10s that got to with in 25 yards of us.

The second set we moved down the Creek about 3/4 of a mile. We started crossing the creek to look into the wheat field and I saw a rub on a tree. Pretty normal this time of year. I thought to myself something looks weird there? I looked again and there was a horn stuck in the tree. The fresh rub is on the right. The old rub on the left tree from last year had a antler stuck in it. I had to jerk on it to get it loose. Pretty cool find if ya ask me. We rattled and got 3 bucks to come in hard in about 2 minutes.

A few years back I put a shoulder mount(bucky) in a tree and he got launched 4-5 ft in the air from another buck. Well the guys put a small Glendale buck up in the wheat field this evening and bucky 2.0 meet the same demise! I know the picture sucks. Bucky is laying in pieces by the ruts. Might be road kill! They got it on video and I will try and post it later.

TBHer and my TBH golf scramble partner Purelefty got it done this morning with a good management buck. Yesterday morning he had a 15 minute 24yd broadside opportunity on another good buck. But due to a 20 minute power nap the deer prevailed. I know cause I was sitting in the gun blind watching it unfold and no answers from my text.

More good times with great friends.
    Attached Files

Cool find and great buck!
    You had a good day!

Comment

Don’t say “Bucky” around Burnadell. It’s one of his trigger words.

Comment

LMAO.. Now that's funny even to Mr. Randy !

Comment

Pretty cool finding that antler in the tree. Looks like you had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X