2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EZE View Post
    Seeing young bucks chasing in Liberty / Hardin County also. Haven't seen anything mature yet.

The 9 in the post above, was trailing the does and on the prowl. He got in amongst them and started nosing at them, even stopped to make a scrape while standing in the middle of them. He was ready, them, not so much.
    Last edited by Greenheadless; 10-12-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Just sneaked out and pulled the he card. The big deer I had in before light and at first light was a 10 plus year old stud I been trying to kill. Pretty sure I left him bedded at 60yd with that doe

Comment

You guys talkin' 'bout the rut starting early here in East Texas, heck, I was at my place in Southeast Webb county last weekend and saw scrapes and rubs down an old road near one of my sets... THAT's early for there for sure!! I put a camera on the old road to see if I can catch what's making those scrapes... every little overhanging limb had sign under it... I was very surprised to see that down there!

Comment

They have been chasing for a month down here in Jefferson County.

Comment

Every year we do this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine are still bachelored up.. Movement was mostly nocturnal this past wknd minus some does.

Comment

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

I haven’t seen many scrapes at all. Very few rubs as well. Mock scrapes have been on fire though. Cass and Bowie county

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Every year we do this lol

LOL Yes we do. It's still amazing to see the variance in activity though, even within the same counties.

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                  Mine are still bachelored up.. Movement was mostly nocturnal this past wknd minus some does.
                  Just curious but are you on an AFM lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    LOL Yes we do. It's still amazing to see the variance in activity though, even within the same counties.

I wouldn’t call it variance as much as perception

Comment

What does AFM stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        I wouldn’t call it variance as much as perception
                        That's probably true.

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        What does AFM stand for?
                        American Forestry Management. I think they have a lot of leases in Trinity County.

Comment

Early rut guys... calm down. Its not “on” until they start running into cars on 287. Yesterdays card pulls showed multiple older bucks under feeders at same time in Polk County. One has to believe that this will end very soon....they looked grumpy at each other.

Comment

3 dead deer on the road between my house and Humble on 321 and US 59 this morning... so yes, it's gettin' close in Liberty County... One of those dead deer was on 59 just north of the Kingwood Drive hump... Last year had one in the median right at the Lowe's on 59 at the san jack river bridge...

Comment

That's probably true.

American Forestry Management. I think they have a lot of leases in Trinity County.
                              Ahh I gotcha, no I hunt on RMS owned land

Comment

I haven't been in a couple of weeks to see if there are scrapes etc but bucks are still eating under feeders according to cell cameras. Sometimes mixed with does, sometimes not.

Comment

Working...
                                X