Bilstein 5100, Leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstein 5100, Leveling

Went back and read an original thread from 5 years ago. Mostly talking about 2010-2014 F150s.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...light=bilstein

Any newer model experiences with these vs a spacer?

I'm at a point where I may do something, or I may do nothing and leave everything alone. Mainly because I want to keep a little rake; which I could achieve with a slight level in the front and increase the size of the block in the back, or add-a-leaf, but then I feel like I'm getting in the weeds and the "subtle" changes will start to add up $$$$ or just be more trouble than it is worth.

I have a 2018 F-150 FX4. What do you have and what did you do or NOT do to yours?

I put the 5100's on my 2017 F150, did not max out the front end so there is still a little rake. Overall I'm happy with them...

Comment

I have a '15 and am looking at the 5100s as well. Everything I have found has been very positive on them and the adjustability of them allows for you to keep some rake if you want. The overall sentiment I have found is that the ride quality for the 5100 is much better than the spacer kits. I had a F-150 with the 5.4 leveled with the spacers and the ride didn't change too much. The E-rated tires were way harder on the ride than the spacers.

Comment

I put them on my 2014 Silverado. They are fantastic. All future trucks will be getting a set

Comment

I have had mine on my '13 F150 for 6 years. I have them maxed out (combined with helper springs on the back) with no issues thus far.

Comment

I put the 5100 on my 2008 F150. With the full set up on front then a 1 inch on the rear it still sits with a slight rake. Looks and rides much better. Now mine is NOT 4x4 so the front lift was a necessity to keep the little air dam from dragging the ground at the lease.

My son did spacers on his 2017 Tundra. it was simple and still gave a good stance. His is NOT 4x4, either.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              I have had mine on my '13 F150 for 6 years. I have them maxed out (combined with helper springs on the back) with no issues thus far.
              Helper springs were another option I considered to help prevent sag while the bed is loaded. Which springs did you go with?

Comment

added 5100 to my 17 F150 fx4 it improved the ride and handling of the truck vastly. I set mine at the medium settingI think 2.5 where it is completely leveled. get a lot of complaments about it. best money I have spent on the truck. Still have the old stock ones laying in the garage lol.

Comment

I bought an ‘18 FX4 a couple of months ago and it already had them. Leveled out the front and don’t think there’s anything on the back. Looks good to me with the 33” tires on it.

Comment

PICS if ya got'em.

Comment

On my 13 since new. Still love them. Mid setting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 XLT Sport
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have a set on my 19' tundra, middle setting with 295/55/20s. Should have done it sooner

Comment

2006 tundra with 5100s on top notch. 2 inch in the back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you decide, RE-AIM your headlights once you are done please. Oncoming traffic will thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X