Beretta over/under question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beretta over/under question

Hello all, I am looking for some input as to which gun to buy. I’ve wanted a nice over/under shotgun for as long as I can remember—an “heirloom” type that I can pass down to my son one day but also shoot a couple times a year on maybe opening day of dove season or the occasional clay shoot.
    I’ve always just thought I would buy a silver pigeon and be done with it but now I am second guessing myself. Is there another model or brand that I should look at in the similar price range? My budget is probably 2-3k
    I’m not a huge fan of the Brownings but admittedly haven’t held much else.

If you were in my situation would you pick a field or sporter model? Is there somewhere in Texas besides Cabelas that I can go look at and hold a bunch of different guns to help make my decision?
    Thanks in advance

Lot of other gun shops. Probably not a great time to buy...

Comment

I went and shouldered all of them at different places. I found a Citori that I really liked and bought it. There are many nice brands out there. I really liked a Beretta I looked at also

Comment

I’ve had a 686 silver pigeon since 97, shot it a lot and have never had a problem. I ran into a guy at a sporting clay shoot that was a world class shooter, said he shot 60k rounds out of his 686 before it gave him any problems. They are beautiful well made shotguns, well worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

Have you held the 725 sporting?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            I went and shouldered all of them at different places. I found a Citori that I really liked and bought it. There are many nice brands out there. I really liked a Beretta I looked at also
            That’s the best way. It takes time and effort to get a gun that fits Are you happy w your gun?

Comment

Scheels

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't had the chance to shoot it. Didn't make it out last season.

Comment

I’m not sure what exactly the difference is but it seems that for most, either a Silver Pigeon will fit or a Citori will but rarely both. I really thought I wanted a 725 Browning but it just did not go to my shoulder and point where I was looking like the Silver Pigeon did. Most big cities have a shop that carry both - where are you located?

Comment

Find a clean beretta 682 sporting...never should have quit making it & best bang right in your budget.

Much more robust / quality action over the lighter 686/687 really made for the field w/ more felt recoil.
                    Last edited by Artos; 07-16-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      Lot of other gun shops. Probably not a great time to buy...
                      Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Have you held the 725 sporting?
                        I have not, what am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          I’m not sure what exactly the difference is but it seems that for most, either a Silver Pigeon will fit or a Citori will but rarely both. I really thought I wanted a 725 Browning but it just did not go to my shoulder and point where I was looking like the Silver Pigeon did. Most big cities have a shop that carry both - where are you located?
                          I’m in Marshall so it’s not like I can just stop by somewhere after work to put my hands on anything. We have a Bass Pro across the state line in Shreveport but their options on over/understand are limited

Comment

I looked at a few for hunting and the occasional clay shoot and I liked the feel of a Browning Citori CXS.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Find a clean beretta 682 sporting...never should have quit making it & best bang right in your budget.

Much more robust / quality action over the lighter 686/687 really made for the field w/ more felt recoil.
                              This, although, my go to gun is a 28ga SP. Either one is a WIN-WIN!

it would help if we knew where the OP was to suggest shops other than Cabela’s.
                              Last edited by Greenheadless; 07-16-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X