Favorite .257

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite .257

Looking at non custom, what are your favorite .257? And why.

Following.

Comment

Are you asking for a favorite model of rifle, or about what is a favorite chambering that uses a 257 caliber bullet (257 Roberts, 25-06, 257 Wby, etc)?

Mine is a 257 Weatherby in a Mark V Deluxe.

Comment

Favorite rifle, in a .257 Weatherby mag.

Comment

I have 2
          I really like the first lite
          But my favorite has to be the Roy in the vanguard wilderness

Comment

I like my Rem 700 CDL SF. Just don’t shoot it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
              I have 2
              I really like the first lite
              But my favorite has to be the Roy in the vanguard wilderness
              I just got a Wilderness 257. Really liking it so far, hopefully it shoots good. I haven’t made it to the range yet.

Comment

A .257 Roberts I built about 2 years back for a customer that ended up not picking the rifle up.

I’m glad he didn’t. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Weatherby vanguard sub moa 257

Comment

I am shocked that the Creedmore has not been mentioned yet since it is a .257.. SHOCKED!!!!!!
                    Well actually its a .256..
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 11-22-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      I am shocked that the Creedmore has not been mentioned yet since it is a .257.. SHOCKED!!!!!!
                      I believe it is .26 my favorite .257 is probably 25/06 but 25/35 is pretty cool

Comment

Weatherby Accumark.

Be aware that this caliber is a barrel eater. I had a Weatherby RC and shot it out within 800 rounds. I like to shoot guns, and shot out a 7mm-08 too. I took it to a local gunshop and traded it off for a SS Ruger Bisley in 41 magnum, and ordered another Weatherby Accumark. Here are some pics of the throat and bore of the first 257 I owned. Great caliber and a favorite of mine. Now I hear there is a 257 Creedmoor coming out.

Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Been a fan of 25 cal for years ..Wife's 250Savage 250/3000...Ruger 77 lightweight from early 80..Has been a keeper from day 1.. small. lite ,pencil thin barrel,low recoil,beauty..
                          only problem is ammo scarce,more less out of production...Hard to find..If you Reload and have Brass, no problem

Had a couple 257 Roberts (ammo around but ya gota look)and a 257 AI (roll your own) all great...I never been a fan of Belted powder burners

25-06 a great one too
                          Last edited by cva34; 11-22-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I started hunting with a Ruger 77 in .257R (dad still has the gun), have had a Ruger 77 MKII re-barreled to .257AI (sold to a TBH'r), a Remington 700 .25-06 (sold to a TBH'r), currently have a Rem 700 short action BDL with Shilen .257AI barrel, and dad has a Weatherby .257. Of all those guns, honestly the .25-06 was the least fussy and the one I should have kept (have handloaded for all of them). These days I lean more toward stuff in 6.5 and 7mm, I anticipate the BDL will eventually wear a barrel in 7mm-08 or .260.

Stu

Comment

257 stw

Comment

Working...
                              X