Classified question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classified question

I’ve never sold anything here but have bought plenty. After this season I’ll be dumping some items to find a new project. For those that have posted multiple items for sale in the classified section, is it easier to do one thread with multiple items or a new thread for each item?

It seems both have pros and cons

A new thread for each item is probably easier to keep up with.

Comment

X2 on new thread

Comment

Both have their pros and cons.

Comment

New thread for each item. Some people like to look at a cluster of things and some people scroll on by. With a thread for each item with what you’re selling in the title, it will catch the eyes of someone in the market better.

Comment

I really hate having to figure out what is left and what is not when its 1 post with multiple items and a bunch of comments.

I'd rather a new post for each.

Comment

Classified question

One thread for all items for me. That way I only have to bump one thread and I’m respectful of the other members by not knocking all their posts/stuff off the front page with my 20 bumps if stuff doesn’t sell. It’s so much easier to do than finding all 10-20 threads to bump up in various places. Keeping up/counting is simple as well.

We once had a guy who had 20-30 plus items with a post for each item. it was obnoxious as hell every day/ other day when he would bump all his non-selling stuff (most fell under that category) to the top and push everybody else’s threads off the front page. That went on for a month ..
              Last edited by Smart; 11-30-2020, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                One thread for all items for me. That way I only have to bump one thread and I’m respectful of the other members by not knocking all their posts/stuff off the front page with my 20 bumps if stuff doesn’t sell. It’s so much easier to do than finding all 10-20 threads to bump up in various places. Keeping up/counting is simple as well.

We once had a guy who had 20-30 plus items with a post for each item. it was obnoxious as hell every day/ other day when he would bump all his non-selling stuff (most fell under that category) to the top and push everybody else’s threads off the front page. That went on for a month ..
                Yep,
                And the Boss said a long time ago, “ Put all of your items on the same post”! But of course nobody reads the sticky’s at the top either.

Comment

I think it kinda depends on the stuff.If I wanna trade some guns.I never post more than 2.If it's a Jeep,or something similar,just the Jeep.If it's garage sale type stuff,post it all on one.That's always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                    Yep,
                    And the Boss said a long time ago, “ Put all of your items on the same post”! But of course nobody reads the sticky’s at the top either.
                    That sticky must not be there any more or i totally missed it.
                    But I’m leaning towards the post all on one thread and in a week or 2 closing it and making a smaller post of items still for sale.

2 guns
                    Viper climber
                    M150 lock on
                    And a couple big ground blinds.

Just don’t want to clutter up the place.

Comment

Working...
                    X