No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another dozen teal just in. I letter live.

They best not tempt me to much.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Oh lord it is the army of orange out here this morning. Have a friend in for the holiday and he wanted to hunt one of our old spots, nostalgia I guess but I am remembering why I quit hunting out here LOL.

Comment

Just worked in 3 mallards. Hen set in. I passed on her and kept working the drakes. Finally got close enough and I missed. Guess that's karma forthe2 teal with one shot.

I did switch to the straight Cylinder choke this morning.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Haven’t seen a thing so far. Just a waiting game. I’m gonna sit for awhile

Comment

The day time movement for deer has slowed down to just a tick more than nothing for me the past couple days. My guess is the moon that is bright enough to cast shadows has them on the night shift. Need a cloudy night and for the rain to hold off.

Comment

I’m gonna hunt the rain tomorrow. Can’t shoot one from the couch.

Comment

Hunting Aquila Wednesday evening, yesterday and in stand now. 1 other hunger at dock this moment but we haven’t seen a thing so far this week. Camera shows a bunch of hogs at midnight and decent buck at 1am. Hoping for luck today. Someone stole my camera between Sunday and Wednesday which sucked. Game warden at the dock when got in yesterday as well. Checked all our paperwork and for life vest and such.

Any way to hunt hogs out here once deer seasons over? Can’t figure out answer on website. Also what’s rules on squirrels because I’m covered in em

Comment

You can hunt hogs at any time of year as long as it is by legal means and method stated in the rules set forth by the COE.

Comment

Texas Grown did you finally get a limit? Instead of hunting today I'm chasing catfish and having luck on little ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      Texas Grown did you finally get a limit? Instead of hunting today I'm chasing catfish and having luck on little ones.

Yes I did, thanks to you for sending the final bird from Ray Hubbard to the W lake "expedited".

That was kinda cool ! I'll let you tell the story, if ya want.

As for hunting hogs, there is no more night time hunting for them. It's on the web sight last year and this, in the rules. You can still hunt them year round. But just during normal hunting hours: 1/2 hour before sun up to 1/2 hour after sun down. Same hours with any other game that is a non migratory bird, per TP&W rules and seasons (if it has a season, example: Squirrel and rabbits have no season in Bosque of Hill countys) of course.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Well TG started this story so let me give you the skinny.
                        The day started grey and windy when the Tahoe hit the road. But instead of heading west it had a mind of its own and went east . I ended up at a lake where I have spent a lot of my childhood on. Cold weather has always been good for me there. After a few small fish and seeing a bunch of mallards swim past me, I decided to call Texas Grown . As we were talking he said hold on , 3 shots later he got his limit . Maybe I willed those ducks into his spread but we'll never know since he shot the one duck that could have told us the rest of the story.

Comment

Great. The one lead snuffed out. I guess dead ducks tell no tales. I suspect a conspiracy!

No birds for me today. Scouted a new spot. Looks like TG has all the Xs sown up. Heading to Oklahoma to scout during the split. Congrats to both of you on successful outings.

Comment

Arrow sent towards a tender spike

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                              Arrow sent towards a tender spike

Hoping for a recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Great. The one lead snuffed out. I guess dead ducks tell no tails. I suspect a conspiracy!

No birds for me today. Scouted a new spot. Looks like TG has all the Xs sown up. Heading to Oklahoma to scout during the split. Congrats to both of you on successful outings.

I suspect you came up with that first one "on the wing" ? And that'd be why I'm a convert to "X"Avian dequees few years ago.
                                LuckyD has also joined the group beside my MOJO, goose dequees, and the "DIY jerk ducky" rig. Settle down boys. It's a hen "DIY jerk ducky" dequee on a string so you can add action to the spread.

Good luck on the scout-n trip JD. Drive safe! And smack a few if ya get a chance.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-28-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X