Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting real still works, Im practicing right now

Comment

I have been experimenting with a lot of the products from a new company called Texas Raised Hunting Products. So far, I am just using them around my house where deer lay up before dropping off the hill into town. Deer are really tearing up the ground where I have been using them and I see does and small bucks (about all I have) following their noses to the areas I have used them. I have not tried them on the ranch on the Pecos where I will be hunting.
      I have used the Predator Death Grip when calling with exceptional results. For the first time in my life, I am calling with the wind blowing into the area I am calling and still killing coyotes.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

I haven't experimented much with these type products, but the mock scrape idea is intriguing.

Comment

Last year was my first experience with trying a scent. I bought some buck bomb doe in heat and decided to use it as a cover scent. I hunt an active pipeline in E TX. I decided to spray it around my stand to help keep my scent from drifting down one side of the pipeline. I ended up seeing several bucks extremely close to my stand that weekend. It never dawned on me at that time that it may have been the scent I sprayed. One buck walked within 10ft of my stand. A big 2 man box blind. So needless to say, I'm going to try and use it this year down my pipeline to see what happens. Good luck all

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            I haven't experimented much with these type products, but the mock scrape idea is intriguing.
            I have a small 4 acre patch behind my house I hunt. I live on the edge of town and there are always does around. I started messing around with a mock scrape 4 years ago now and it works every year. I've killed one buck off the scrape, but since it's illegal to bait here, it lets me see what bucks are in the area every year. Every year I am surprised at the bucks that come into that little patch of brush to check that scrape.

Comment

Hand corn, hunt the wind, and save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                Hand corn, hunt the wind, and save your money.
                I agree that this is a can't miss approach that I too, have used for many years. When I started messing with some of the Texas Raised Hunting Products deer attractants that are made from various glands, I noticed that I was attracting more bucks in other words, attracting deer that interested in more than eating...
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                  If you or anyone on your lease shoots a deer, cut off the tarsals...the tufts of hair on the back legs. Put them in a ziploc sandwich bag and freeze them for future use.

Hang them head high in a tree near your stand. Best "lure" I have found.
                  My dad taught me that 30 years ago, still remember smelling my hands after he handed me the hocks and told me to put them in a ziplock in the truck. He thought it was hilarious. LOL

Comment

Any of y'all tried the Wyndscent vaporizer scents? I am thinking that is a pretty interesting strategy if you are going to use a scent lure.

WYNDSCENT is an electronic scent vaporizer that has revolutionized the scent industry. WYNDSCENT vaporizes scent making it smell stronger, travel further, and last longer. WYNDSCENT will make your scent much more effective in attracting a variety of game from whitetail deer to black bear, and we also offer cover scents

Comment

I’ve had really good luck, will conquest products.

Comment

For real urine, I have tried black widow, and raw frozen scents. I'm using raw frozen scents, I feel like it got better reaction from deer than the black widow did.

Comment

I've had great luck knowing where your deer are coming from and hunting the wind

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X