Right hand rifle with left hand bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right hand rifle with left hand bolt

I am right handed but left hand dominant and I have always shot left hand. When I was buying some expensive rifle last year I bought a Ruger LH to see if I would like it. I like the left hand bolt but not the left hand loading. I like to be able to see what I’m doing.
    My question is, is there a gun maker out there that makes a right hand gun with a left hand bolt.

Thanks in advance

In custom benchrest rifles they do, not sure on like a hunting rifle.

Comment

Strange one brother. To have to pull off the firearm to function the action with the “off hand” with a warranted follow up shot seems unproductive.
      You do realize they make pretty darn accurate semi automatics now right?

Jk friend....never been around this scenario before. Good luck man

Comment

Blake would likely know the answer to your question regarding this & am guessing there are 2-3 action makers that would offer a left bolt / right port on a 700 footprint for you to snag??

He'll be along shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Strange one brother. To have to pull off the firearm to function the action with the “off hand” with a warranted follow up shot seems unproductive.
          You do realize they make pretty darn accurate semi automatics now right?

Jk friend....never been around this scenario before. Good luck man
          Someone makes one but I cannot remember who it is. They even make a left hand action with a left hand bolt. To me it is a better concept than the normal rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Blake would likely know the answer to your question regarding this & am guessing there are 2-3 action makers that would offer a left bolt / right port on a 700 footprint for you to snag??

He'll be along shortly.
            That would be great

Comment

Defiance machine offers what you’re looking for, and I’m sure most of the other big names out there do too. I’ve had a left bolt/right port from defiance and it was sweet! Wish I’d never sold it.

Comment

Man, if a left / left is way cheaper, then just get one made...how many times do you shoot a bolt & need to reload quick?? Never if you grabbed a bolt to hunt.

APR I'm sure makes a lefty in their action. Good luck.

Edit...

Here ya go...jim built my 280ai back in 1994 on a 700 & is still my go to.

He's graduated since then...this is the medium action but you get the idea:

It is available as Right Bolt Right Port, Right Bolt Left Port, Left Bolt Left Port, Left Bolt Right Port, Right Bolt Left Port Right Eject, Left Bolt Right Port Left Eject. There are 2 sizes of ejection ports.
                Last edited by Artos; 11-20-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Like this ... L bolt , L port ? Not many are sold in this configuration but it is possible to custom order one. You’re looking at $950 - $1500 for the action depending on manufacturer

I’ve got a bunch of these , R bolt , L port single shot
                  Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-20-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

r bolt / l port was a gift from the gods for bench rest...I remember when viper came out with the drop port & was get one of those before turning fast to custom hunting rigs.

Comment

788 Remington

Comment

Sounds like the OP is looking for a repeater that is left bolt right port

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am left handed, grew up shooting right handed rifles. Honestly OP, unless you are wanting to spend a lot of money, just shoot what you are used to, or just stick with a full left hand gun. I got my first one only a few years ago, and after the first day at the range, everything was sorted out like I had owned them my whole life.

But I hear what you are saying. It feels weird reloading from the left side of the rifle the first few times.

Comment

full custom

Comment

Savage makes them.

Comment

Working...
                              X