No announcement yet.

2023 Workout Accountability Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulders, traps and core work done yesterday…

Going in later for legs and arms

Comment

After yesterday evening I got somewhat more mobile. Definitely hurt, but semi functional

…. Until 4am. And I was hit with almost 30 straight minutes of spasms in waves. I prayed to pass out. On a cane this morning to do what I can and headed back to therapy. This SUCKS

Comment

Chest and back done this morning. 5X5 supersets for three movements.

Bench press/t-bar row
        Incline DB press/row supinated grip
        Lat pull down/pec deck

Arms and legs tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          After yesterday evening I got somewhat more mobile. Definitely hurt, but semi functional

…. Until 4am. And I was hit with almost 30 straight minutes of spasms in waves. I prayed to pass out. On a cane this morning to do what I can and headed back to therapy. This SUCKS
          Has this happened before? Sounds like a pinched nerve.

Comment

Got sick and took several days off. I got back on the wagon Tuesday and it was tough. Going at it again tomorrow. I have 2 more Pre-Phase workouts on MAPS Anabolic, then I am moving in to Phase 1. I have a sweet new adjustable bench "out for delivery" as we speak. Let's send positive mojo to FedEX to get it delivered today.

Comment

Originally posted by voke View Post
              Has this happened before? Sounds like a pinched nerve.
              Yes. It’s plagued me since I’ve been into bodybuilding and training. This is the first time it hit me out of nowhere and not under a load. I was walking to the bench when this took me to the ground. I took some pretty good narcotics before bed and I’m guessing when they wore off this morning and I tried to roll over it triggered the spasms. If I thought my wife was capable of knocking me out I would have told her to swing away. There was nothing I could do to escape it. And you could feel them building and coming on you just had to survive

I wish it on nobody

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Yes. It’s plagued me since I’ve been into bodybuilding and training. This is the first time it hit me out of nowhere and not under a load. I was walking to the bench when this took me to the ground. I took some pretty good narcotics before bed and I’m guessing when they wore off this morning and I tried to roll over it triggered the spasms. If I thought my wife was capable of knocking me out I would have told her to swing away. There was nothing I could do to escape it. And you could feel them building and coming on you just had to survive

I wish it on nobody
                Wishing you a speedy recovery. Back pain is no joke.

Comment

Did an FTP text on the bike trainer last night and started working my arms and shoulders with weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Shoulders, traps and core work done yesterday…

Going in later for legs and arms
                    Got legs done; I was spent after legs so went home; will knock out arms tomorrow

Comment

Got arms and legs done and I am whooped. Blood pressure was up yesterday and I guess it's settled back down. I'll get in to see my PCP next week to find out what the heck is going on. 5X5 giant sets today.

Comment

Tried a duck hunt this AM with no luck. Knocking out work and then planning on a later 4-5pm Chest and Tri session.

Evening workouts are not my thing and the crowd is usually interesting and its always packed

Comment

Had Thursday and Friday off do to worki g out of town. Went to today and got a good shoulder and bicep workout in.
                          I started taking a liquid L-cartenine before my workout. It's no joke man, I can work out for an hour and still be sweating an hour after I'm done. I go in this friday to measure my lean muscle mass and body fat percentage. Ready to see what I've dropped in just 2 weeks.

Comment

Im in for 2023, Ironman 70.3 Monterrey in april, 5-6 half maraton throught the year and to close 2023 season I hope to be a 140.6 finisher again at 140.6 Cozumel in November.

Comment

Was feeling tons better yesterday evening. Had to drop bee bop off at basketball practice and had an hour and a half to kill… and my gym was 1/4 mile

Got on treadmill and felt fine. Eventually was at normal speed and incline. Went a full 30 no issues and felt loose. Got in the chest workout I had to leave due to the spasms. Did 100% on machines instead of free weights and all seemed good and got a great workout in despite being in jeans lol. Back felt good this morning other than stuff from sleeping flat. Feels better this morning, I can feel it grab if I sit too long and stand up. Wife’s friend dropped off a tens unit while I wait out the weekend

Comment

Arms and core yesterday…. Chest and back today. Added dead lifts at the end of the back workout and although it was very light weight they kicked my arse..

Shoulders, traps and core mañana…

Comment

Working...
                                X