No announcement yet.

Chasing #28!!!!! Polar Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johna could get you a barren ground bow bou easy. That coast bear hunt will be a challenge.

Comment

I did a little arrow experiment the other day. Mainly testing the nocks but everything worked. Of course it will be colder where I am going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
        Johna could get you a barren ground bow bou easy. That coast bear hunt will be a challenge.

I have done two brown bear hunts. The first one I was 15 yards from a great bear and at full draw. Never released the arrow. And I was within 50 yards of several others with no shot. On my second I had smaller bears in bow range and even a good one under 10 yards with no shot. I started to feel pressure and killed one with a gun. Still regret that decision as I had 2-3 days left to hunt.

Comment

Good luck! In for this one!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            I think most of the hunts are find a track and decide if the bear is big enough. Get close and confirm. Then turn a couple of sled dogs out. The dogs occupy the bear while you sneak in for the shot. Most of it is super flat frozen ocean. I think there are places with ice mounds and terrain where a stalk might be possible. I have heard a fair number are shot coming in to camp. I imagine that is a sh$& show in the middle of the night!!!!!

Holy crap. That is going to be wild.

Comment

What in the world do you wear in -20 degree weather all day? Battery powered heated vest??

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely epic! Best of luck to you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is gonna be epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excited for you and looking forward to the recap of this adventure

Do you have enough clothes to stay warm?
                    Can you shoot your bow with all of them on?
                    You have any plans to write a book about your hunting adventures?

You are definitely going to be in places few humans have ever set foot in

Comment

This is way interesting. Good luck on your hunt and keep us posted when you can.

Comment

Living the dream. I have always had an interest in bear hunting, especially a polar bear. I will be going on my first black bear hunt in a couple of weeks. Hope you have a great hunt and look forward to your recap.

Comment

This may be the best Docmay hunt yet! Following along on here and IG.

Comment

Good luck Greg!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                              I leave Amarillo at 0630 on Tuesday after working a full day and being on call. I think I fly to Dallas, then Newark and on to Ottawa Canada. I get there in the early evening and spend the night. The next day I fly to resolute bay and spend the night. The next day on to Grise fiord and I believe it is immediately out on the ice! I am hunting with the Inuits and the outfitter is Ameri-Kana. Accommodations during the hunt are wall tent or plywood cabin. That replica is +/- $15,000.
                              Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure!

Comment

Been following your progress on IG, glad to see this adventure is about to happen. Good luck Doc, stick a big one!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X