Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamvo View Post
    Keto. Less than 25 carbs a day and no sugar. I dropped 60#’s with it in 6 months. I eat some carbs now but not too many. It’s pretty easy once the lbs start to come off you’ll want to stick with it.

Dropped 2 blood pressure meds. Labs look awesome.

This here for me. I’ve dropped 30lbs since Jan. Cut out sugar and staying under 50 carbs and usually 25 most days. Keto flu was a real thing however. Bad 3 days but once over that, it’s been easy. Eat lunch and dinner between 12-6:30 and nothing else. Never feel hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I blew my diet/new lifestyle tonight!! We went to the Ranch Hand Cafe'! I had fried green maters, fried pickles for appetizer and that big honkin' Ranch Hand Burger and sweet tater fries for my main course... just got home and I'm miserable!! Don't do like I do Josh... Do like I say!!

Then tomorrow is Bownanza... I know full well, I'll hurt myseff again tomorrow... gonna take me 2 weeks to overcome these past 2 days!!

Comment

Excuses are for people that don’t want it bad enough.

Comment

You'll never out work bad nutrition. Don't eat ANY sugar or processed foods. Eat natural whole foods that came straight from a farm. Don't eat fake foods that came from a factory in fancy packaging. Eat more natural animal fats, NOT processed seed oils. Olive oil and avocadoes and avocado oil are good too. Avoid carbs. Eat protein - meat, poultry, fish, eggs, etc.... You won't need to count calories or eat less. Just stop eating junk food.

DO exercise. Strength training and HIIT. Be active. Get outside in the sun as much as you can. Stand up and walk around during the day. Don't just sit all the time. Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Basically, try to live like a natural human being, rather than a modern tech-addicted sedentary junk food lover (like most people are these days).
            This is why there is an obesity epidemic in the USA.

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I stayed consistently healthy and fit for years and years up until just a few years ago so I definitely understand the balance of diet and exercise. Applying that knowledge is a different thing as that's where I have fallen short. My duties as a business owner and Pastor have me in a chair behind a computer MUCH longer each day than I like, and a herniated disk and torn rotator cuff have kept me from working out like I did for years. I'm realizing I'm just going to have to adapt my workouts to what I can do. Yesterday I took my German Shepherd on fast paced hilly 1.5 mile walk.

The eating part is just self discipline as I know from past experience what works for me over the long term. It's just a matter of me being to the point of being tired enough to do something about it. Yesterday was day 1 and though I was starving before I went to bed, I cut my calorie intake in half. I was eating roughly 4-5000 calories per day easy and yesterday I improved that tremendously. I'm going to make a trip to the store to stock the house with some healthier options. I have a doctor appt in 2.5 weeks and I expect to be down 8 pounds by then. I look forward to feeling better.

I didnt hit my macros like I wanted yesterday. This will improve as I get back into the swing of things and get more healthy options around the house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230318_091735_MyFitnessPal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24709092
              Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-18-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

i wish I weighed 215!

Im on the way. started at 262, on jan 31. Im down to 233 as of this morning. 205 is my goal.

I dont prescribe to any one "diet" I eat what I want, I just eat 1/2 as much. If I want a cheese burger, I get a kids burger. I do eat more green stuff, hardly anything fried. I try to walk alot more. Just trying to change my habits, have a routine.
                Last edited by skeeter; 03-18-2023, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I was in the same boat, was up to 238. Cut out sugar and carbs, this helped me drop 20lbs in two months. Feel like a new person with a ton of new found energy. Sugar is horrible for your blood flow. Still need to drop another 20 or so but that will take some more exercise.

Comment

It is nothing but a mathematical equation.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Don't eat as much
                      100% guaranteed to work...... and walk the dog every evening even if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 73 years old, have one artifical hip, left shoulder ate up with arthiritis can't raise my arm above my nose, diabetes, and had a stroke. Was up to 250 when they told me I had diabetes 15 months ago. Quit sugar, try and eat only when really hungry, not when it's time to eat. Down to 218 but it took 15 months.
                        Target is 205 Comes off way slower than it goes on. Decided to try and eliminate stuff that will kill me or make me a veggie. Good luck, you can do itl, just gonna take a while. Forgive my miss spelled words, I'm sure I have a few.

Comment

Sending you a PM on some videos that show some shoulder rehabilitation exercises. I would highly recommend seeking out a good physical therapist in your area.

Comment

OP, just saw your calorie tracker. That seems like a pretty good improvement. You know what works for you. Do those things, and avoid everything else. Always easier said than done.

Comment

50% Compound lift in gym to build some muscle and 60% diet. Yes, that's 110%, got to commit to it. Diet options that work are keto style (no carbs or sugar, mostly healthy fats) or a macros style weightlifting/body recomp diet of high protein, low fat, moderate clean carbs. Drinking calories is main culprit, you can lose 10-15lbs just by not drinking. Once routine is set, stick to it. It gets easier. Good luck, calorie deficit is the goal, no matter what you eat. Without health you have nothing! keep up the good work
                              Last edited by Leaverrite; 03-22-2023, 08:55 AM.

Comment

fat

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                                Agreed….

You’d have to have zero muscle to be fat at 5’11” and 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I'm 5'11" and 215(was 245), and I'm still fat. I want to get to at least 200 and see what I look like. I was 185 in high school

Comment

Working...
                                X