No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m 5’9”, and my weight used to fluctuate between 195 and 205. I decided in the spring of 2020 that I wanted to lose weight, so I started watching what I eat and the amounts and walking. I haven’t actually cut out any foods or carbs, but I eat in moderation. I was down to 165 by October of 2020, and I’m maintaining at 170-175.
    My original goal was to get down to 150 (I was 135 when I got married in 1989) and I’d still like to get there some day. However, when I got to 165, my friends and family started asking if I was sick, and to be honest, I didn’t “look“ well.
    I’ve never set foot inside a gym, and my workouts are actually working outside and walking.
    OP, I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Thanks! Yah, the pressing motion or anything overhead absolutely kills my shoulder. I'll keep this in mind.

This also means no push ups. I hated giving all that up but my shoulder thanks me. I was waking up all night because it hurt. Since I’ve given those up and just focused on the surrounding muscles no pain and I sleep through the night again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
        Yea I can't seem to learn my lesson about heavy weight. I workout with my son who is 24, so I can't let him out do me.
        [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          Portion control is easier if you drink a lot of water while you eat.
          Says a horse jockey [emoji1787]

Comment

Portion control is easier if you drink a lot of water while you eat.
            Decaf coffee is what worked for me. Kept me filling full but didn't keep me up all night.

Comment

I went from 6'2 286 to 201 in 4 months. Intermittent fasting with a window from 11am to 7pm. Cut my portions in half and dont snack. Watch sugar and drinking calories. I work out 4 to 5 days a week but Always have done that. I do metcon style workouts. Circuit training. I will say that your diet will determine results man.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drink tons of water and don’t eat till dinner…. It’s easy and keeps me straight.

Comment

Tired of being fat!

In June on my annual physical my A1C level was at the bottom of pre-diabetic. Not a problem now, it could be in the future. My choice if I wanted to do something NOW.

I’m 67, 5’11” and started at 225-230 when I worked as a business development director. Ate lunch out 5 days a week at lunch. Retired, no lunches or afternoon coffee break treats and got down to 210-215.

Met with a nutritionist focusing on type 2 diabetes. She said some changes give me a good chance of never getting it. I needed to reduce sugars/ carbs and loose weight.

How?

Eliminate as much sugar and carbs and refined foods from my diet as practical. No cereal in am, cut out bread. I almost cried when she said “beer is liquid bread”. We have a small brewery in town that makes the best IPAs I’ve had. I used to bring home a 1/2 gallon growler ever Friday night for the weekend. She handed me a tissue and said “you can drink red wine or liquor”.

She said it’s OK to cheat- life is for living. If every 2 weeks food shopping at Costco- enjoy a slice of pepperoni pizza and a diet Pepsi.

We eat meat every night (chicken, salmon, beef, elk) with vegetables. I make rice 2-3 nights a week. Breakfast eggs scramble with meat and cheese or greek yogurt and walnuts. Lots of cheese. My triglycerides are good.

The first week was tough, my body craved the carbs. Two weeks into it, I looked at a plate of cookies and said “No Satan!” The craving was gone.

I got down to 185 combined with hunting/ climbing Montana mountains last elk-deer-pronghorn-bear season.

We recently visited our daughter in Cali- I ate like a pig. I was 196 after 10 days. Back home I’m down to 190 and getting back to 185 slowly.

What else can I say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Consistency is the key here.

Whether you just cut back, full-on diet, keto, fasting, cardio, or weight train, you will need consistency over time to reach your goals.

How many years did it take you to get to the place you are at now by being consistently unhealthy? Reverse that pattern and begin consistency in the opposite direction and you will see the same progression but in a positive manner. A fad diet or 12-week plan is short term and will yield short term change and then you will drift back to where you are now once you go back to doing what you are currently doing.

What you want to create are new patterns and habits that are long-lasting to achieve forever results. Changing how you eat and how you exercise and being consistent with these two will get you to where you want to be.

Things like semaglutide and TRT can speed up the process but the consistency of what you do to and for your body and what you put in your mouth will be the life-long game changers.

Things that have helped me:

1.) Monday-Friday I get up at 4:45am and go to the gym. No excuses with this. 45-75 minute workouts.
                    Was really hard at first, but soon began to feel better and now I feel horrible if I miss a workout. No matter how bad of a day you have, you already have your workout done.

2.) Up water consumption. I try to consume 60+ ounces a day minimum.

3.) Replace white flower and sugar with natural carbs from rice, sweet potatoes, and whole wheat.

4.) A cheat meal per week not a cheat day.

5.) Cut out daily alcohol.
                    I always enjoyed at least one drink in the evenings before bed. Alcohol is a toxin that stops both fat loss and muscle growth as soon as it enters your body. Limit alcohol to one day per week if need-be.

6.) Up protein intake. Go for a minimum of 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?
                      I’m 54 and lost 20lbs since last fall. It’s a fairly simple but slow process.

Goal weight (185) x 12 = 2220 calories per day
                      Protein 185 x .6 = 110 grams day minimum
                      Water = 80oz

Download a calorie counter app and track religiously.
                      Intermittent fast (skip breakfast with just black coffee)
                      Lift weights 2 or 3x week to boost metabolism.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Says a horse jockey [emoji1787]

160 pounds and 5’9” , I consider myself fat nowadays. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                          I’m 54 and lost 20lbs since last fall. It’s a fairly simple but slow process.

Goal weight (185) x 12 = 2220 calories per day
                          Protein 185 x .6 = 110 grams day minimum
                          Water = 80oz

Download a calorie counter app and track religiously.
                          Intermittent fast (skip breakfast with just black coffee)
                          Lift weights 2 or 3x week to boost metabolism.

Good luck!
                          Thanks!

Comment

160 pounds and 5’9” , I consider myself fat nowadays. [emoji23]
                            [emoji28]

Comment

5' 9" and was 205 then I stopped eating anything "white" (sugar, grains, bread) and am down to 183 looking for 175 in the next month or so.

Comment

like everyone else has said diet is going to make the biggest impact. For me I'm fine with carbs but sugar kills me. I've had 3 rotator cuff tears (2 R and 1 L) only one repaired and too many cortisone shots while playing waterpolo. These days I can't do much overhead and limited full rotation stuff but running and swimming is good

other option is to eat clean and Tren hard like the Rock and the weight will melt off but your liver/kidneys may shut down

Comment

Working...
                                X