Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of being fat!

I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?

Run Forrest run

Comment

5'11" and 215 ....man thats not fat at all. Good luck on your venture though.

Comment

Don't eat as much

Comment

Low impact, high yield.

Find a good rowing machine and watch what you eat. I dropped 20 lbs in 3 months doing so, though I got away from it a year or so ago when I messed my shoulder up again. I really need to get back into the swing with that.

Comment

Start walking and eating better and drink water. These things alone will greatly help 90% of people

Comment

Get a prescription for Semaglutide it works well. Weight is all about what you eat and semaglutide knocks back the hunger feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I am the heaviest I've ever been and I'm sick of it. I'm on 3 different blood pressure medications and feel like absolute garbage every single day. I'm 44 and in the worst shape of my life after being in the best shape of my life at 37. I'm just shy of 5'11" and up to 215 and I should be 185 with my frame. It's time to do something about it. A torn rotator cuff has kept me out of the gym for almost two years but I have to do something. Anyone with a bad shoulder still work out? What should I try and what should I avoid?
                I feel your pain. I am 69 at 230+ and feel like dog poop. Broken foot stopped me from running. Bad knees and a herniated disc and 2 bulging discs add to the problem. Shoulder surgery with 4 anchors in my left shoulder has healed thankfully with no problems. At one time probably 10-15 years ago, I worked with a personal trainer, ate right and worked out with him at home with a few dumbells and went from 212 to 167 and stopped all my medications. That is when i was running and when I broke my foot, that was it. It has been difficult in getting back to the gym and doing anything positive! Really not sure where to turn now.

Only you can tell if a certain exercise is hurting your shoulder. Lots of different exercises for your shoulders that hopefully will not hurt. Either that or get your shoulder fixed. I really had no choice as I had a bone spur on top of my rotator cuff that cut almost every tendon and ligament in my left shoulder when I raised my elbow above my shoulder.

Good luck! Hope you can get to whee you need to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  Low impact, high yield.

Find a good rowing machine and watch what you eat. I dropped 20 lbs in 3 months doing so, though I got away from it a year or so ago when I messed my shoulder up again. I really need to get back into the swing with that.
                  I used to be able to drop weight fast. We'll see of I still can. I'm going to start with some better eating habits and cardio before trying anything else.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Start walking and eating better and drink water. These things alone will greatly help 90% of people
                  I get plenty of regular exercise like walking and drink only water with a couple cups of black coffee here and there. The eating is where I fall short. I eat like two grown men...and not good food. I'm in a office so much these days I definitely need to get my heart rate up more too.

Comment

I hate being fat, but I love food more.

I also had rotator cuff surgery in February 2022. I can’t lift weights hardly at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Avoid my place at all cost. Gonna miss ya Josh. I feel your pain brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Avoid my place at all cost. Gonna miss ya Josh. I feel your pain brother.
                        Lol! Man everyone needs a cheat day Terry. I'm gona have to save mine for your place.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          Get a prescription for Semaglutide it works well. Weight is all about what you eat and semaglutide knocks back the hunger feeling.
                          I hate shots period and dang sur not going to give myself a shot! The Doc can, but not me or the wife!

Comment

Definitely change your diet. You can’t exercise a bad diet away. It’s mostly just self control. Educate yourself on caloric content of foods and you’ll be able to eat plenty. It won’t taste as good as what you’ve been eating but how it makes you feel is worth it. You can do it. Www.calorieking.com is a good resource for finding out calorie content.

Comment

Just eating right and cutting sugary drinks out of your diet will help a bunch. Walk on a treadmill or get on an exercise bike. One of my buddies is doing that and he's lost 20 pounds so far. He's trying to lose another 20.

He's really not necessarily eating "right" he's just not eating like a starved maniac. If you eat until you're miserable, quit doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X