East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I’ve got a group of 3 - 4 2.5 - 3.5 year old bucks evidently keeping everything away from one of my feeders, then 5 does coming around a second feeder (occasionally the does will go to the other feeder in the middle of the day when the bucks aren’t there). That’s it. That’s all I’ve got. 2 weeks in to the season and worried this one may be a bust. LOL
    Not sure I followed the ins and outs of your deer woes, but caught the last sentence. It’s Oct 10 today….relax. Go back after the 25th and things will be better. They always are. That being said I have cried about lower deer numbers in last few seasons… and seems I have heard a few people already mention it this year….

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Did a little project with my grandsons this past weekend. Since I was not able to head south, I decided to mow an area that I've had a feeder set up behind my house since we moved in back in '15... Got the mowing done, got the feeder going again, and within 4 hours, had 2 does under the feeder... Right after dark, a nice shooter (for the grandsons) 9 point cam strolling in like it was his every-day stop... For some reason, had zero hogs behind the house this year so the deer have moved back in very nicely...
      My only problem is, I have a neighbor on the back side of my property's north fence that is a genuine East Texas brown is down guy and his wife is the same way... 3 or 4 years ago, I had to make a conscious decision not to get all twisted off and just accept the fact that the deer I'd been feeding were likely to end up in THEIR DEEP FREEZER!! I've not caught them doing anything illegal, but they sure like to brag about the deer they shoot out the window of their house... Oh well, it is what it is... They do not bowhunt... yet, so maybe I can get one of my grandsons on that 3 year old 9 with the crossbow in the next couple weeks...
      East Texas rules! Here’s why…..

Comment

The boys are starting to come home. One of my lease mates feed pen.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The trespasser place buck made his first daylight appearance this am. We name him Uno since he is the first shooter

Comment

Y'all need to get out of the house and into the woods.

Comment

Good deer there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  The trespasser place buck made his first daylight appearance this am. We name him Uno since he is the first shooter

2 very cool bucks!!!

Good luck guys!

Comment

Those are big deer. Tony, that 8 gonna be mid 40s or better.

Comment

First one looks like he may be blind in one eye.

Either that, or squinting from the poacher’s spotlight.

Comment

Today I scored a 80 acre place to hunt just down from my house. Guy said consider it yours forever if you just maintain the roads by mowing them. I got three cameras out and one pop up today. I am impatiently waiting for pics from the one cell cam I put out.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          Today I scored a 80 acre place to hunt just down from my house. Guy said consider it yours forever if you just maintain the roads by mowing them. I got three cameras out and one pop up today. I am impatiently waiting for pics from the one cell cam I put out.
                          You have already killed your deer. Let the rest of us have a chance

Sounds like you scored a great deal

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter34 View Post
                            you have already killed your deer. Let the rest of us have a chance :d

sounds like you scored a great deal
                            😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              Not sure I followed the ins and outs of your deer woes, but caught the last sentence. It’s Oct 10 today….relax. Go back after the 25th and things will be better. They always are. That being said I have cried about lower deer numbers in last few seasons… and seems I have heard a few people already mention it this year….
                              Basically I’ve got 9 deer over 2 stand locations, 4 young bucks and 5 does. I was just making a joke about having nothing to get excited about, but I know you’re right about it being WAY too early to call it a season. It’s just a tiny bit disheartening when some guys seem to be covered up in good bucks already.

I am pleased about our fawn crop this year though, so that bodes well for the future after what I presume was a big die-off from the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post

Nice!! Good luck [emoji256]

Comment

Working...
                                X