Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    They're all in hiding right now.
    Hillbilly ain't going anywhere till he dies.
    Both Bastrops are still playing.
    If you have been gone 10 yrs, you missed a lot.
    Bastrop Jr, woke up about 6(?) yrs ago and found his wife dead.
    Pretty bad deal, and he has been kinda off and on since then.
    Good guy, and hung around him quite a bit when I was living down on the coast.
    Also in that time he's played a lot of good pool.
    Check this out.

It's a great match, against arguably the greatest bar box player alive .
    FRD will argue that point shortly I'm sure
    I can’t argue that. You’re right every now and then. Shane might be the best rotation player alive on ANY table. He is pretty easy to sneak up on though.

Hillbilly actually pitched a fit at tournament somewhere about Shane taking his hearing aide out. The TD made Hillbilly take his ear buds out. That’s what started the whole deal.

Comment

We got on a deer lease in Menard when I was about 8, that had an old house with a crappy old pool table in the "living room". My dad and some of the other old guys were pretty fair barroom players in their younger days, and sorta taught us kids to play. We must have played a million games on that thing over the 4 years we were on that lease. The old guys took NO mercy on us. I'll never forget the 1st time I beat my dad and uncle Steve back to back for $50! There was a sawed off cue in one corner in case you had to play off the rail in a certain corner. I slept on that table a bunch. My older cousin and I had to play for who got to sleep on it, and who had to sleep under it. Sleeping under it didn't bother me, but he was scared to death of scorpions falling out of the table, or crawling in with him...and I always beat him for that one.

Dad bought a nice table when they built a game room at our house, and I got pretty salty in high school. There were to many hotheads and dumb rules when I started running in bars, so I only played when it looked like a good chance to make someone look bad.

I just watched that match the Hatter posted a link to, and that is a game with which I am not familiar...even though I loved 9 ball!

Really enjoying this thread though, keep the stories coming, gents!

Comment

Garguy, you know Butch down there?
        Yep. You know him?

Comment

They're all in hiding right now.
          Hillbilly ain't going anywhere till he dies.
          Both Bastrops are still playing.
          If you have been gone 10 yrs, you missed a lot.
          Bastrop Jr, woke up about 6(?) yrs ago and found his wife dead.
          Pretty bad deal, and he has been kinda off and on since then.
          Good guy, and hung around him quite a bit when I was living down on the coast.
          Also in that time he's played a lot of good pool.
          Check this out.

It's a great match, against arguably the greatest bar box player alive .
          FRD will argue that point shortly I'm sure
          Good match.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Yep. You know him?
            Yep

Comment

Yep. You know him?
              I don't know Butch very well, only met him a couple of times. I knew JB really well. Played pool at his a house a time or two. He used to have a 7' Brunswick if my memory serves me right. I know several players in the Lufkin/Nac area. I'm sure we know some of the same people.

Comment

Great thread.

I just put a pool table for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. It's a solid table and I'm looking to make a deal for someone wanting a table. The table is located in Houston/West Memorial area.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRedDrum View Post
                  I don't know Butch very well, only met him a couple of times. I knew JB really well. Played pool at his a house a time or two. He used to have a 7' Brunswick if my memory serves me right. I know several players in the Lufkin/Nac area. I'm sure we know some of the same people.
                  If they are players in the Lufkin area I know them. I play doubles with Butch and his partner every tuesday.

Comment

If they are players in the Lufkin area I know them. I play doubles with Butch and his partner every tuesday.
                    I used to play a lot with Robert and Steve Provine, Tim Balch, Robert Powers, Freddy Carroll John Weeks, Jared Atwell, Tattoo, Skane, Nuni, Ron Smith, Ricky Watkins. I could go on. Some good folks down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRedDrum View Post
                      I used to play a lot with Robert and Steve Provine, Tim Balch, Robert Powers, Freddy Carroll John Weeks, Jared Atwell, Tattoo, Skane, Nuni, Ron Smith, Ricky Watkins. I could go on. Some good folks down that way.
                      Man he gonna know he's stealing fo sho now

Comment

If you like 1 pocket, here is the best match of the yr.
                        One of the best matches ever imo.
                        T-Rex vs Filler
                        Gambling match with 40k or so in the middle, don't remember the exact number, but I think both posted 20k....
                        Happened in a private venue(Roy's basement).
                        1 of them knows the game better than anyone alive with the exception of Efren.
                        1 of em shoots straighter than anyone alive.
                        1 is considered, 1 of the very best ever, and the other is a nobody, in the 1 pocket world.
                        Knowledge vs Skill.
                        Enjoy.

Part 1

Part 2

Comment

I'll get you 2 sets for 500 each you giving 3 on the wire. I need your name first though. PM or post

Comment

Man he gonna know he's stealing fo sho now
                            Rudy put on a tournament in lufkin for a while. Bunch of Longview area folks came. Skinny red headed kid from up there that was pretty good. Arrogant as heck.

Comment

Rudy put on a tournament in lufkin for a while. Bunch of Longview area folks came. Skinny red headed kid from up there that was pretty good. Arrogant as heck.
                              Pretty sure I know who you’re talking about. Name is Ty or maybe Mike. They’re both arrogant and they both play pretty good. I think I know Rudy too.

Comment

My friend that I play pool with heard about a couple ol boys diwn in far southeast TX looking for a game. We drove down there yesterday. I came home with my tail tucked. Ran into a fellow band Alex or Alec, not sure which. He left with my money. My partner lost to him too but still came home with a fat pocket. Went hill to hill but that's just one game short of not being broke. Dang I hate/love this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X