Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Nah it's preferance they all will work.
    I've always played with a hard or superhard, shaved down to about a 3/16 thickness with a pad under it.
    I don't like having much tip.
    Talisman is my go too.
    Like Snipers as well.

You probably can’t draw your cue ball.

Comment

billiards vs pool difference game right?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
        billiards vs pool difference game right?
        I guess if you want to get technical, yes. Billiards doesn’t have pockets and only three balls. A lot of people call it carom. Carambola to our neighbors in Mexico and South America.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRedDrum View Post
          You probably can’t draw your cue ball.
          lol I'll bet he can draw the ball with a piece of rebar.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
            lol I'll bet he can draw the ball with a piece of rebar.
            Lol. He might be able to draw it with a Sharpie.

Comment

Whats yalls most hours playing straight? I played Carambola 35 hours once. More over 20 than I can even count. My father used to have tournaments at his house and players come from all over the world to play these tournaments. Got to meet, learn and play against some great players.

Comment

24 hrs or more, a bunch of times.
                Fat drum knows me btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  Whats yalls most hours playing straight? I played Carambola 35 hours once. More over 20 than I can even count. My father used to have tournaments at his house and players come from all over the world to play these tournaments. Got to meet, learn and play against some great players.
                  Straight playing a match probably around 12-13 hours. I’m definitely no marathon player or even a very good player. I just love the game and have been around it for a while.

I have been awake in a pool room for 3 days didn’t leave one time. On the natural. It was at Big Tyme just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    24 hrs or more, a bunch of times.
                    Fat drum knows me btw.
                    Yeah I know him. I also know that he reads and posts more on the GS than he plays pool for sure. That wasn’t always the case though.

Comment

Haven't been around the game in 10-12 years and don't know who's hot or not nowdays. Is Bastrop Davis or Hillbilly still around? Any of you guys play the BCA state championship the year it was in New Braunfels?

Comment

Haven't been around the game in 10-12 years and don't know who's hot or not nowdays. Is Bastrop Davis or Hillbilly still around? Any of you guys play the BCA state championship the year it was in New Braunfels?
                        I’m sure bastrop is still kicking not sure though. I know his son June bug is. I haven’t heard much out of Hillbilly in a while. That dude was always a little hard to be around. At least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRedDrum View Post
                          I’m sure bastrop is still kicking not sure though. I know his son June bug is. I haven’t heard much out of Hillbilly in a while. That dude was always a little hard to be around. At least for me.
                          Bobby Brown?

Comment

They're all in hiding right now.
                            Hillbilly ain't going anywhere till he dies.
                            Both Bastrops are still playing.
                            If you have been gone 10 yrs, you missed a lot.
                            Bastrop Jr, woke up about 6(?) yrs ago and found his wife dead.
                            Pretty bad deal, and he has been kinda off and on since then.
                            Good guy, and hung around him quite a bit when I was living down on the coast.
                            Also in that time he's played a lot of good pool.
                            Check this out.

It's a great match, against arguably the greatest bar box player alive .
                            FRD will argue that point shortly I'm sure

Comment

Bobby Brown?
                              Doesn't ring any bells.
                              Where is he from, who did run with?

Comment

Garguy, you know Butch down there?

Comment

Working...
                                X