Any TBH Billiards Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any TBH Billiards Players?

When i was young,, I plated four or five nights a week but I havent played a game in 25 years until this spring. I had a friend down from oregon and he was league player.. He wanted to find a place to play while here so we eventually found a nice place in Lufkin. Now i hate bars and the smoky atmosphere but got an invite to a private billiards club.

Man have things changed! My eyes are bad, my back hurts, Sure is fun though as Im smitten again with trying to relearn the game.

I've played a few in Lufkin myself ! Good times for sure !

Comment

I have a very nice table in my house but rarely play, I'm waiting on the grandkids to get big enough.

Comment

Me and a few of my friends play all the time. It always makes for a good time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          I've played a few in Lufkin myself ! Good times for sure !
          There are some dang good players over there.

Comment

Played a lot in college both in bars and on the SHSU Billiard team. Love it but seldom play anymore.

Comment

I played a lot in my single days and when my dad had a table.

Haven’t played in several years but still have my old cue. Told my wife that a table is a requirement on the next house we buy.

Comment

8 ball, 9 ball, and snooker.

Shot just about every day for several years in college.

Comment

Growing up we would play 3-4 nights a week at the local bar. They would have tournaments on the weekends and I would pay my entry and play with the adults. Prizes ranged from money to cases of beer to big boxes of premium steaks.

I'll never forget the first time I won the tournament, I had to beat my dad in the finals.

Absolutely love the sport but just have no time or a decent place near me to play

Comment

Played almost every day growing up. My older brother used play for big money and he wanted me to play so he could practice. It helped me make a good chunk of money while in college. Lots of drunk cowboys in stephenville who could ride better than shoot pool! Dont like to play much any more since I can see the shots in my head, but the ball never seems to what it is supposed to.

Comment

I once though I was petty good and I guess I was. I won lots of tournaments and a little cash along the way. Im right handed but could switch hands pretty well years ago. Now my back is messed up and i cant turn to my right. Im only shooting as a lefty. It sure is frustrating to remember what that cue ball is supposed to do but it just wont do it anymore!

Heck the rules have changed so much Im even having to relearn them! Now safes are common place. Years ago that was called Chicken Chit pool and would start a fight immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        I once though I was petty good and I guess I was. I won lots of tournaments and a little cash along the way. Im right handed but could switch hands pretty well years ago. Now my back is messed up and i cant turn to my right. Im only shooting as a lefty. It sure is frustrating to remember what that cue ball is supposed to do but it just wont do it anymore!

Heck the rules have changed so much Im even having to relearn them! Now safes are common place. Years ago that was called Chicken Chit pool and would start a fight immediately.

That statement about safes is no lie. Growing up I saw many barfights because of it and in college got into many because that was not how pool was supposed to be played. Safes in my eyes are like participation trophies

Comment

played for a living for about 4 years back in my early 20's. got to shoot with several pros. spent about 15 hours a day in various pool rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                            8 ball, 9 ball, and snooker.

Shot just about every day for several years in college.
                            I like 8Ball. I played 9ball for a few years with a friend but just never enjoyed it as much.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              played for a living for about 4 years back in my early 20's. got to shoot with several pros. spent about 15 hours a day in various pool rooms.
                              Sounds like you are pretty dang good. Ill take a few lessons if you are ever over this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X