Waders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waders...

Ok, so I'm looking at new waders... I'm a stocking foot guy. I'm buying some Korker wading boots too but I have those picked already

Looking at Gulf coast Waders and Gator Waders

Who has experience with these? Thoughts?
    Last edited by catslayer; 11-21-2020, 11:35 AM.

Don’t have any exp with those brands, I’m a SIMMS guy. After going through cheaper pairs every 1-2 years I sucked it up and bought some G3’s a few years ago, best coin I ever spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^only response Op needs to listen to. /endthread

Comment

Went the cheap route for years on waders that eventually leaked. Like muddyfuzzy, I finally got tired of the leaks and bought a pair of Simms stocking boots. Best investment ever and no more leaks after many years of use.

Nothing was worse that jumping into cold water after trout and feeling you foot get cold

Comment

Sitka. If something happens they pay for shipping both ways and service it.

Comment

Simms all the way. Well worth the money

Comment

Sitka delta zip I know you said stocking foot but the lacrosse boot is so nice

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                ^only response Op needs to listen to. /endthread
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                  Sitka delta zip I know you said stocking foot but the lacrosse boot is so nice
                  If you think you like boot foot you have never had a pair of waders and GOOD boots that actually fit. I'll never go back

I'll look at the others

Still wondering if anyone has used those two brands

Comment

Whoever said sitka your f-ing crazy

$1000 for waders that the first review on THIER SITE talks about them failing do to a rip and sitka won't call them back.

Sorry the crap I crawl through there is going to be a failure just how long and when

For 1000 if mine last 2 years a piece I can be ahead money getting a new pair every 2 years. I have a hard time believing they will last 5+ years with zero leaks in the briars and stuff I go through
                    Last edited by catslayer; 11-21-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I bought a pair of Simms Headwaters Pro’s last year. Those, the G3’s, and G4’s are made in the USA. Don’t buy their entry level stuff and think you’re getting the real deal.

I haven’t duck hunted in mine yet but I’ve considered wearing my pair of Dan’s briar chaps over them to keep the legs from getting ripped up.

Comment

Another vote for Simms and don’t look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your poor like me, try the Frogg Toggs. They warranty them for a couple years and you don't have to sell a kidney. If you have the money, Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                            I bought a pair of Simms Headwaters Pro’s last year. Those, the G3’s, and G4’s are made in the USA. Don’t buy their entry level stuff and think you’re getting the real deal.

I haven’t duck hunted in mine yet but I’ve considered wearing my pair of Dan’s briar chaps over them to keep the legs from getting ripped up.
                            Found G3s on sale for 300... Considering heavily

Comment

Ok... Pulled the trigger on G3 that were on sale... Sooooo we shall see

Merry Xmas to me lol

Comment

Working...
                              X