• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread! Good luck this season!
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Good luck Mike. I don't usually read every single post on a long thread, but this is a good one. That and I have a lot of extra time on my hands lately

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
            We have 8 in our group going Nov.1-8, 3 in zone 4 and 5 in zone 5. Leaving this evening and doing scouting Saturday and Sunday. We are staying in Weldon. Good luck, Hsbtgarcia.
            Good luck to y’all too!

Comment

Now is the time to put those hours in. The next 10-12 days are going to be great.

Comment

Good luck to all the Texas hunters headed this way. I have been PM'ing back and forth with some of you guys.

This evening I hunted in the saddle up on a timbered ridge above where I rattled in the 10 point yesterday morning. I pulled a card after my hunt yesterday morning on a camera that I had on a scrape on this ridge. I got some real cool pictures of some bucks that I have not seen before. I will post some of them when I get a chance.

This evening I saw a young 8 point chasing a doe. This is the first real chasing that I have seen. The 8 lost interest pretty quickly. The doe ended up coming by me at 10 yards and hung around the area for about 20 minutes. I also had a spike at about 10 yards. The spike got down wind of me and got nervous. I got a picture of him walking away.

In the second picture you can see the scrape on the right and my camera on the left. You can see my shadow on my platform in a couple of the pictures. Also a couple of pics of the doe and spike.

I am headed back to that spot in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-30-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  Good luck Mike. I don't usually read every single post on a long thread, but this is a good one. That and I have a lot of extra time on my hands lately
                  Thanks Stacey !! I hope your back is healing up.

Comment

Originally posted by bow5 View Post
                    Good luck!
                    Thanks Marty !!

Comment

Originally posted by mole View Post
                      Now is the time to put those hours in. The next 10-12 days are going to be great.
                      Yes sir !! I have not been hunting any of my food plot stands yet. I don't want to booger them up before it gets good. I was a little nervous about moving in on this scrape this early. I got some daylight pictures of some nice bucks the last few days so I thought I would risk it and give it a try. I was quiet this evening, but I am going to rattle in the morning. My favorite days are November 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                        We have 8 in our group going Nov.1-8, 3 in zone 4 and 5 in zone 5. Leaving this evening and doing scouting Saturday and Sunday. We are staying in Weldon. Good luck, Hsbtgarcia.
                        Are y’all going with an outfitter or on private and public land? Reason I ask is, I’m currently looking at outfitters for next year. I currently have 4 points.

Thanks,
                        KP

Comment

Two for two. I just rattled in a solid 10 point. Had him at 14 yards. Again I may regret passing him, but I think I can do better. He came straight to the scrape, worked it, looked around and went straight back where he came from. First picture is the scrape I am sitting over. Second picture is the buck walking away.

Comment

Young buck passing thru.

Comment

All caught up now. Great thread, and good luck!

Comment

Just caught up. Good thread................

Comment

Working...
                                X