No announcement yet.

Hagerman Seg C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tons of hog activity out there during our scouting trip.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
      This might sound like an absurd question, but I never heard it answered on the zoom orientation or didn't read it in the orientation that was emailed as well, but do we use our own tags off our license? Or is it like an MLD type tag the refuge provides? I've never been on a Texas draw hunt and thought I've read in the past that on some places you hunt off the properties tags?
      use tags off your license..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        use tags off your license..
        Correct answer!!

Comment

Me and my husband were drawn but now with my broken back I can't go. They moved me to next year. It's our first time and I was wondering if anyone would be a contact buddy for him?
          Would anyone like to help him scout?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
            Me and my husband were drawn but now with my broken back I can't go. They moved me to next year. It's our first time and I was wondering if anyone would be a contact buddy for him?
            Would anyone like to help him scout?
            I'm scouting this weekend. But at the very least we can swap contact info so he's not just alone up there. Been there, done that... lol

Comment

Awesome, Mike! I'm going to send you a PM with his phone number! I told him he better scout this weekend too.

Comment

Pistol, advise the husband to get WCBs story of the "big" deer at the start of the hunt, then he can tune him out on the subsequent tales.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Pistol, advise the husband to get WCBs story of the "big" deer at the start of the hunt, then he can tune him out on the subsequent tales.

Comment

Never hunted Haggerman, never even applied. Once you are drawn is each hunter assigned a specific area, with prescribed boundaries or are you just assigned a general area - Myers, Big Sandy, etc ?

Comment

Hagerman Wildlife Refuge near Denton. It's public land, but it's a draw hunt and limited to so many hunters, archery only. Aa a result, deer get very big and there are a lot of them! There are 6 units total and only 3 are open in a year. A hunter can choose where ever they want to hunt. There are 3 segments of 3 days to hunt. Next weekend is the first, Segment A. Two weeks later is Seg. B and Seg C is the weekend after Thanksgiving. There are very hunters but Thursday is the set-up day and if you and someone else have picked close to the same place you work out between you who goes to their second choice. Most are easy-going and problems rarely occur.

Comment

I’ll C y’all there !

Comment

Do they have a statue of WCB at the Hagerman entrance?

Comment

I drew C this year- pumped!

Comment

Y’all see the pics ome guy just posted of an absolute monster he saw when driving through H? .... hoping our segment is a little colder to keep them on their feet!

Comment

Can you use a crossbow on the Hag?

Comment

Working...
                                X