Fixed Crawl with Wood Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Crawl with Wood Arrows

I had someone fairly experienced tell me that it was unsafe to shoot wood arrows using a fixed crawl. He said it puts too much downforce on the arrow and could cause it to explode.

Anybody familiar with this?

If that causes your arrow to explode it was going to explode regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      If that causes your arrow to explode it was going to explode regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      X2

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

I've seen a couple of wood arrows explode, but neither of them was because they were being shot with a fixed crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            I've seen a couple of wood arrows explode, but neither of them was because they were being shot with a fixed crawl.
            What causes them to explode? Anything I need to check for on a regular basis?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
              Usually it's because the arrow has been previously damaged. It can also happen if there is severe grain runout in the shaft.

Comment

For me

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
                Its missing what im shooting at..

Comment

What is fixed crawl?

Comment

Cracks in the arrow will cause it to fail. With PO cedar you can test by smelling the arrow shaft. Flex them if not PO and look for cracks.

Comment

That downward pull on the arrow is caused by putting too much pressure on the lower fingers. You should have most of the pull on your top finger. If you do that, the string does not have to snap back in a alignment. You also won't have to move your nock point up higher as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X