No announcement yet.

Current COVID forecast for Texas by the Beek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X and Y axis labels would help me. Just a lowly Accounting and Biology major.

Comment

So a troll jumps on an Internet forum, posts Covid projections from an Intel equivalent to the CDC “guesswork” and we are all supposed to shudder in fear! The average life expectancy in the US is 76, the average age of “Covid” death in New York was 77. Wouldn’t anything after 77 just be dying from old age? An 88 yr. old man in Dallas county was in hospice dying from Cancer, then he was counted as a Covid death...common sense tells me that Covid was not the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        All models have been and will continue to be useless.

Garbage in, equals garbage out.
        I agree. The so called experts have been wrong at every turn. Now we have many small businesses that are lost......So sad.

We don't shut down the world for the Flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
          So a troll jumps on an Internet forum, posts Covid projections from an Intel equivalent to the CDC “guesswork” and we are all supposed to shudder in fear! The average life expectancy in the US is 76, the average age of “Covid” death in New York was 77. Wouldn’t anything after 77 just be dying from old age? An 88 yr. old man in Dallas county was in hospice dying from Cancer, then he was counted as a Covid death...common sense tells me that Covid was not the cause.
          Bravo!!!!

Comment

I think I got this graph figured out.
            The red AND blue start off at the same location, time, or something.
            They both increase, but at different rates and something else.
            Blue peaks close to 700 somethings, while red is slower...but still going.
            Hard to tell for sure, but I think the graph has something to do with Doug.
            Last edited by Sabine; 07-19-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertz09 View Post
              I agree. The so called experts have been wrong at every turn. Now we have many small businesses that are lost......So sad.

We don't shut down the world for the Flu.
              It’s really unbelievable. All this projection business is only as good as the info used. Which is currently compromised bull**** or directly from China.

Comment

You talking about some that were 70+ with copd and died of Covid-19? And those 179 lbs over weight with cardiovascular issues that died of Covid? Or healthy 30 yr olds that died..... that die everyday with or without Covid19

Info is only as good as the source that wants you to have the info

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  What do the blue and red lines signify, graph is tracking what? Otherwise it's nothing but crayon.
                  Originally posted by 999 View Post
                  What are you increments or quantities for the Y axis data?
                  Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                  How about a little clarification on your graph? What is the axis measuring and what are the lines? Seems someone with your claimed resume wouldn’t post such a useless graph.
                  Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  Did I miss it or have you intentionally not specified what the red and blue lines represent or the other questions about the graph?
                  Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  well bud, since you are ignoring the questions about the graph, to me...you're just a troll. bye.
                  Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  X and Y axis labels would help me. Just a lowly Accounting and Biology major.
                  Funny how he cant answer such a simple question, time and time again. Please move on Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Xrod View Post
                    I think I got this graph figured out.
                    The red AND blue start off at the same location, time, or something.
                    They both increase, but at different rates and something else.
                    Blue peaks close to 700 somethings, while red is slower...but still going.
                    Hard to tell for sure, but I think the graph has something to do with Doug.

That’s about what I got out of it. I’m going back to the cooler for another beer.

Comment

Smells like troll in here. Can’t backup his own graph.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I will admit I don’t have the knowledge to fully absorb the original post - much less challenge the data - so I can’t speak intelligently about it. I will say with utmost confidence however, that if it by some chance proves to be exactly accurate, there are many around here that will still deny reality. Some formed their opinion on the pandemic in March and no amount of facts will budge them. Lots of strongly held yet unexamined views - on both sides. I have no problem confessing that I have no earthly idea how this is going to play out- mostly because the people who study this stuff for a living dont seem to either
                        Perfect post Jerp. The bottom line is: opinions are just like bung holes, everybody has one and they all stink. We are much better at knowing what happened than we are at knowing what WILL happen. A good education makes your opinion look better, but in this case I think it’s worthless. And that.....is MY opinion, worth what you paid for it

Comment

I found the original graph he used and cut off the margins and titles
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	texas-stat-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24624560

Comment

Originally posted by philip-tx View Post
                            i found the original graph he used and cut off the margins and titles
                            [ATTACH]1011403[/ATTACH]

Lmao

Comment

I’m genuinely interested in hearing the axis labels. With everything going on in the world I feel like we can’t trust anything at the moment, which is sad. I do find it suspect that the OP still hasn’t given the requested information regarding the graph

Comment

FastStats is an official application from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and puts access to topic-specific statistics at your fingertips.

According to the CDC the death rate (ALL causes) is 863.8 per 100,000

Using your rate of 7 out of 1000 that puts us slightly UNDER the average death rate which would be 8.638 per 1,000 and we KNOW that co-morbidities of heart disease, diabetes and just plain old bad choices in life are leading to those 7 in 1,000 deaths so it's nothing more than reclassifying deaths.

So until you can explain to me why I can still go buy cigarettes, cases of soda and processed food I see this nothing more than a rehashing of the already established death rate in order for financial and political gains, not an effort to 'save lives'.

Comment

Working...
                                X