Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reloading Primers, Canada has no shortage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading Primers, Canada has no shortage?

I'm trying to understand why there is a shortage in the US. But Canada seems to have plenty?

I know folks are buying them up here. But the excuse that the Mfgs can't produce has me in question when I found this sight that seems to have all you want in Canada? I wonder if it's like that across the rest of the boarder.

Bullseye North | Shop for Firearms, Ammunition, Accessories, Optics, Hunting and Outdoor Equipment, Reloading Supplies, Gun Safes, Black Powder products and more!

The shortage is from, and a quote I heard walking through academy "ma'am, what are you looking for? Bullets, are these bullets? Yes, those are bullets for a 9mm. Ok, doesn't matter what they are for, ill take all of them".

Comment

Probably not as much crazy demand up there or panic buying they already been dealing with this crap for decades so not worried about it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder if they have a lot of powder, everyone is out down here

Maybe I could order 1000# and become a distributor.

Comment

You’ve got limited guns in CA, and even more limited hand loaders in CA. Not to mention these dealers and distributors were most likely well stocked before this year, and they haven’t had the panick buying or riots/looting taking place. Plus they’re French. They would rather wave a white flag than hold something dangerous!

Comment

Will they ship to the US?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              Will they ship to the US?
              no

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                You’ve got limited guns in CA, and even more limited hand loaders in CA. Not to mention these dealers and distributors were most likely well stocked before this year, and they haven’t had the panick buying or riots/looting taking place. Plus they’re French. They would rather wave a white flag than hold something dangerous!
                I believe they have new government imposed semi auto rifle laws coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I believe they have new government imposed semi auto rifle laws coming soon.
                  I was under the impressions semi auto rifles were already outlawed there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    I was under the impressions semi auto rifles were already outlawed there.
                    Trudeau pushed some new ones through in May of this year including some hunting shotgun restrictions.

Comment

They don’t have people buying a buggy full either I imagine.

Comment

I still say those Antifa and BLM members who have not been rioting for a while have been getting paid to buy up all ammo, primers, powders and bullets. Does not matter what they are, they are just told to buy them up.

What I found months ago, was any place that sold online, was out of all primers, including black powder percussion caps. Makes no sense that no on line stores have no percussion caps, or 50 BMG primers. You know everyone has a 50 BMG.

I found months ago, that the only online places that had primers, bullets, were in Canada.

I have found local stores that took all of their ammo, primers, powder and bullets off, their online store, are the only places that have anything. I am betting we really should not be posting on even places like this, where we have found ammo, and reloading pieces.

If there was really a shortage, Canada should be having the same problem we are. More so, since the pieces are coming from the US, and they have the stuff, we don't.

Comment

Unfortunately, we caused our own shortages, just like toilet paper. Hoarders and panic buying. Ammo and gun manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank. If we want it to end, just buy only what you need and leave the rest on the shelf. Itll come back available and prices will level out. It's simple

Comment

This was in Guns and Ammo
                            Internationally, primers are manufactured by several firms in different parts of the world. Armscor in the Philippines, for example, Sellier & Bellot in the Czech Republic, Fiocchi in Italy and JSC in Russia are some of the more prominent companies. An industry insider told G&A that several million primers are currently en route from Europe to the U.S. by way of ship, which may help meet at least some of the demand for loaded ammunition. Still, those primers need to arrive, be offloaded, clear customs and then be distributed to the various manufacturers who can use them to produce ammunition. This will take time.

Primer manufacturers are working hard to feed the market. “We continue to operate at full capacity and are committed to meeting the current strong demand for ammunition and primers.” Federal representatives told G&A. Remington is also working overtime: “We are producing at record levels to attempt to satisfy the unprecedented demand for primers in support of the hand loading consumer, our own loaded rounds, and our industry partners loaded rounds.”

In the meantime, customers shopping for ammo are likely to see “sold out,” “product temporarily unavailable” or “out of stock” in stores and on the websites of popular online retailers. Gun store ammunition shelves have been emptied of common cartridges such as .380 ACP, 9mm, 5.56 NATO/.223 and .45 ACP. Ammunition that was available by the pallet load in January is all but unobtainable today. Customers are scrambling for product, so retailers are getting creative.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post

Primer manufacturers are working hard to feed the market. “We continue to operate at full capacity and are committed to meeting the current strong demand for ammunition and primers.” Federal representatives told G&A. Remington is also working overtime: “We are producing at record levels to attempt to satisfy the unprecedented demand for primers in support of the hand loading consumer, our own loaded rounds, and our industry partners loaded rounds.”
                              I'd bet this is the priority, since they have a greater mark-up than primers on their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X