America Rescue Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America Rescue Plan

I know this is already being discussed as far as the minimum wage issue. I am posting to give the folks that own businesses or that are in executive positions in larger companies a heads up. Biden’s plan will introduce requirements that involve paid leave for workers, new OSHA requirements, and others. Worth reading the 19 page plan so that you can begin to prepare for how to mitigate the cost impact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    I know this is already being discussed as far as the minimum wage issue. I am posting to give the folks that own businesses or that are in executive positions in larger companies a heads up. Biden’s plan will introduce requirements that involve paid leave for workers, new OSHA requirements, and others. Worth reading the 19 page plan so that you can begin to prepare for how to mitigate the cost impact.

I am the General Manager for a small but successful company. I spoke with the majority owner yesterday, who also owns several other companies. He was/is seriously considering selling/closing his businesses and cashing in as he has already acquired enough wealth to never have any financial worries. Joe Biden's plan will wreak havoc on small businesses and Americans in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I am the General Manager for a small but successful company. I spoke with the majority owner yesterday, who also owns several other companies. He was/is seriously considering selling/closing his businesses and cashing in as he has already acquired enough wealth to never have any financial worries. Joe Biden's plan will wreak havoc on small businesses and Americans in general.

There are exemptions mentioned, but I don’t know exactly how all of that will pan out. Sounds like the exemptions will be offered for companies with 50<x<500 employees. I think I got that right.

I do think it will wreck some businesses, which might cause others to pop up, or larger companies to attempt to devour them along the way. I work for a “big fish”. It is cut throat, and when I say cut throat, I mean there is a science to it. Our company is going to be kicked in the beans hard by this, and I know our execs are following it closely. It will be interesting to see if states push back.

Comment

I’ll also be curious how the market responds to some of the business impact plans

Comment

Here's a link and thanks for the heads up. Reading it now. I'm also a GM for a small successful 38 year old business and the direction things might go is very concerning. It seems it doesn't matter how successful you can be, the .gov can and will take it all from you or create barriers that will kill your business at will.

Comment

Working...
          X