Wanderlust is creeping back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanderlust is creeping back in

I've been on the move, so to speak, since I was young. First we seemed to move a lot as a kid growing up. After high school I joined the Marines. Saw a little of the world. Loved it!! After I got out of the service I started driving trucks. Been in all of the lower 48 several times and 1 Canadian province.

I've been working where I'm at for 9.5 yrs now.
    Same routine day after day after day after day.
    Get jump on 20 drive to Terrell, get in work truck, drive to the same location, do the same thing till 5. Than drive back to Terrell, get in car drive home, way go to bed. Get up and repeat.

I want to go places, do things see, things and experience things. Wife seems to be happy sitting on the couch playing candy saga....

Good luck

Pray about it, never know what God might drop in your lap

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Good luck

This

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Good luck

I like this. A lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's funny you post this. For several months I have been racking my brain and searching job postings, directly related to move around more. Showing up to the same building everyday same people. So.. if you find that job find one more and share it. Lol.

Comment

Maybe sit down on the couch by your wife and tell her how you feel. Then pray about it together. Your answer will come then.

Comment

Whew, I would implode with a set schedule. Being at the corporate office in New Jersey for 3 years nearly killed me. The Life clock is hurling thru the universe. I started slowly doing other things as my wife was happy with the strappings of life....basically nesting. Females tend to be that way but the male species no matter how domesticated tend to seek.....or have adventure. Now my wife loves the global scence and my daughter was on a plane headed to Big Sky at 6 months. She has had a passport since 4 years old, now 23. Break the rut.....it will kill your soul!!![emoji289]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

She can play candy saga while you drive! Good luck brotha there is a lot of awesome stuff to see here in our great country

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Whew, I would implode with a set schedule. Being at the corporate office in New Jersey for 3 years nearly killed me. The Life clock is hurling thru the universe. I started slowly doing other things as my wife was happy with the strappings of life....basically nesting. Females tend to be that way but the male species no matter how domesticated tend to seek.....or have adventure. Now my wife loves the global scence and my daughter was on a plane headed to Big Sky at 6 months. She has had a passport since 4 years old, now 23. Break the rut.....it will kill your soul!!![emoji289]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  This right here.

Comment

I see team driving in your future good luck

Comment

"I fight traffic on the way to work. Bust my hump all day at work. Fight traffic on the way home. Work is work."

----Jack Arnold

The Wonder Years

Comment

My $.02, but the grass isn’t always greener. I used to travel for work and had a pretty cool job that let me see some neat places. After a few years of traveling by yourself, it loses its luster. I got to where I longed to have a 9-5 that I saw the same familiar faces everyday. I think it’s probably human nature to feel like we are in a rut when doing the same thing too long. Maybe you can break the rut by doing something new outside of work.

Comment

Wanderlust?

And yes like said, the grass ain't always greener. Go do new things, you don't have to sit at home

Comment

I know how you feel. I fight lust every day!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Wanderlust?
                              The desire to move, travel, not happy staying still...wanderlust

Comment

Working...
                              X