Glass for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass for AR

Dont want thermal or NV, just a very solid scope. Will use for deer,pigs, yotes etc. Have Sniper hog light that I will attach. Not sure about illuminated reticle (are they worth it?) What scope do yall recommend? Thanks in advance.

What terrain do you hunt? What’s your primary goal? What I recommend depends more on those two answers than anything else.

Hunting #1 is different from home protection #1 hunting #2. East Texas is different from Panhandle etc.

Comment

Majority of the time this rifle will be used for pig killing (day and night). Shots will range from 50yds up to about 250 yds.

Comment

Budget?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          Budget?
          Would like to stay under $600

Comment

Vortex strike eagle 3-18

Comment

Santa brought me a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8.

Comment

I'd stay away from the small objective scopes. They're great in sunlight but at dawn and dusk they don't transmit enough light. Tried it on mine and liked the compactness and the weight but it wasn't for me since I use mine to hunt.

Comment

Shoot i run a 100$ Bushnell an its clearer than my monarch that costs hundreds more on mine. Makin shots on deer/pigs from 250+ and in. Main thing is to get rings the right height.

Comment

I've got a Sightmark AR illuminated 30mm with rings I'd sell. PM if interested.

Comment

I'm in the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 camp, I have one on my 458 socom and its held up very well.

Comment

I have a 6.5 grendel upper being made right now. I went the vx5 3-15x44 with Firedot. My eyesight is not good and I need all the magnification I can get. It is a 16” barrel so it might be a little over kill. It was that leupold or a night force nx8, the nx8 was too heavy.

Comment

I’ve got one of these coming to go on my new build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Leupold Vx3i in
                            3.5x10 or 4.5x14

Comment

the VX3 is on the way out per leupold. I just bought a VX5HD like cantexduck, and it is the cats meow! Meopta makes great glass with awesome low light abilities too, and they are getting cheaper. After having to send in for warranty repairs, I'm off the vortex band wagon. I still have a couple, but the quality just isn't there.

Also, the VX5HD can be had for $746 with the veterans discount

Comment

Working...
                              X