X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In! These threads deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is such a great concept. The fact that you’re able to feed people is a very rewarding bonus.

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Tagged. Just went back and read through the first 2 threads. Those were fun reads. Sounds like yall are getting it perfected slowly but surely. I have to ask though what have yall been using to kill them? I thought a .22 to the dome or maybe a 17hmr but if they are running crazy may not be enough.

Comment

Awesome start already!

Comment

Other people's ammo. . Mostly 223. We tried 22 but most of the shots are 120 yards.

There were 6 in the trap. I know it doesn't look like 6 but there was. A small on on the bottom. I think they were all sows, too
              Attached Files

Comment

Don't stop! Keep trap-n-em!

Looking forward to the adventure Ma'am.

Comment

Hope you beat last years number.

Comment

Originally posted by RebeccaCreekKid View Post
                    Last year, I trapped 120 hogs and the numbers climbed quickly when I added utility 2x4 fence on the inside to keep the strippers from going through the big squares.

If you need help with the strippers...
                    I used some chain-link fencing in my trap, buried about 6-8" deep and wired to the panels with the top 12-15" loose so if they try to climb, the top sags inward and they fall. Has worked great for me so far.

Comment

Now that’s a real trap

Comment

Originally posted by gmj View Post
                        Hope you beat last years number.
                        Me too! I'm hoping for 200.

So are my neighbors! One gives me corn left over from his silo clean out.

Comment

Dusty I will donate some steel case 223 55 gr FMJ

You would have to meet me in Bryan or College Station.

Comment

Can you believe it? I have not seen any pigs since we shot these 6 in January. The deer are cleaning me out on corn.

A few weeks ago, 5 little tiny pigs showed up and they would come in about 6 pm eat a bunch of corn and run out. They were not big enough to push the tire. Then the next night, a sounder with much bigger pigs came by but never would enter the trap. This would happen 3 or 4 nights in a row then they would all disappear for a week. I was getting frustrated. My preacher friend kept calling asking if I had any pigs for him yet. Nope.

I happen to be very patient and that is a good thing. About once a week, I would go refresh the corn holes and make sure everything was in good order.

I haven't seen anything except deer in the last 5 days. Then ... last night THE 5 baby pigs came in at 6:20.

The moment they dropped the gate:

The next minute, they are all calm.

Over night 1 did mange to escape, but we did shoot the other 4.

So Boys, Meat is back on the menu! I don't think I'm going to get my 200 this year, though. Even my neighbors said they haven't seen any.

Comment

I don't know how in the world I've missed these thread unless they were all three in the DIY forum... I don't venture over there... Maybe I should!!
                              What an awesome trap!! I'm going to go read the other threads now and learn the details on the trap... got some in Webb County that need to be dedd!

Comment

keep after it! great design on the trap, and nothing but positive things to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X