Add “safecracker” to my resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    Not sure why I thought of the Goonies while reading this thread. Awesome write and cool find. I really like the part of telling your wife you’d wait for her. And the. There was no gold bars!

J/K

LOL!!

It was in her family and nothing inside it pertained to me. The few minutes it took her to get home I just sat there in amazement that I actually got it open. It would have taken a safe full of gold bars to get me off of that high!!

When she got home I asked her if she wanted me to leave her alone so she could go thru it and she said no, she was afraid she would start crying. She started going thru stuff, showing things to me and telling me stories about them. I learned some history of her family that I never dreamed to ask and things she may not have ever thought to tell me if she hadn’t gone thru things.

It’s amazing how something as simple as a envelope, a scrap of paper, a ring or even a hair tie can spark a memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Old safe stories are some of the coolest stories. Old safes are cool stuff. That safe is very cool. I would not let it go anywhere.

Comment

That’s a way cool story, thanks for letting us be a part of it.
          I love seeing where the old safes have been restored back to original.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

You may have been even luckier than you thought. I broke into only one safe through the years and it looked just like that one except it was twice as big. I went through the back, cutting the countersunk heads off of all the bolts in the back. We took the back off and had to chisel through about 6" of white chalky stuff.. We took the inner back out and removed the shelves and drawers. There was a whole box of blasting caps from 1958, the last year it was opened, in the safe. We took the little door off the inside of the main door so we could align every thing to open it. As the door came off we heard a snap sound. When we got the little door open, there was a glass vile, broken by a spring arm. The label on the vile said cyanide. I asked an old lock smith about it and he said most of the larger ones had it.

Comment

It was meant to be. Great story and write up.

Comment

Enjoyed every bit of this write up. Thanks so much for sharing

Comment

Sure that's teargas and not phosgene or cyanide?

Comment

Awesome write up and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

neat story for sure!

Comment

WOW Clint, that is an amazing story, and even more amazing as you add little tidbits to it!! What a treasure that is! Congratulations to you sir on getting that sucker open SAFELY! (pun intended)

Comment

I saw this on The Chive today and it talks about the tear gas-I guess it was fairly common back then

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X