No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to do some scouting this weekend. Maybe find some sheds if the bucks have dropped their horns.

Comment

Found one old matching set and one new one. Did lots of scouting. Seen about 20 deer while walking and driving around.

Comment

I have the opportunity for a lease in Push county off in the area of the Rattan and
        Meeker trails. My question is how easy are are these trails to navigate? Are they two wheel capable or os it necessary to have a four wheel drive vehicle? I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth my time or if I should pass on it.

Comment

Got some unexpectedly good news: the landowner added 190 acres to our available land to hunt for FREE. Can't beat that

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            Got some unexpectedly good news: the landowner added 190 acres to our available land to hunt for FREE. Can't beat that

Wow! Can't beat that. We are looking forward to another year in the mountains. Last year was our first on this place. We saw some mature bucks but didn't get the opportunity to take a shot at one. Hopefully this year we will be a little more prepared. Hoping to get a decent campsite put together and add a few more ground blinds. We spent most of the year last year hunting from tree stands, which I love to do, but it's nice to have the option of staying dry and warm on the ground. Plan on getting up there in the next week or two to do a little camping and kayaking on the river. Good luck this year!!

Comment

Im in creek county( south of Tulsa) and live here. I am hunting my 50 acres but also looking for an OK lease with a couple of buddies of mine. anything between 500 and 100 0 acres.

On my little 50 I will be chasing this guy again all year next year...allow me to introduce the deer we have named goliath.
              Attached Files

Comment

Two wheel drive is good. If it gets rainy you can have issues though

Comment

I'm going to go check out the lease on Sunday. I have a 4x4 so I am not too worried about my truck but only half my group has 4 wheel drive trucks. Just looking out for the rest of my group.

Comment

Originally posted by Spener54 View Post
                    Im in creek county( south of Tulsa) and live here. I am hunting my 50 acres but also looking for an OK lease with a couple of buddies of mine. anything between 500 and 100 0 acres.

On my little 50 I will be chasing this guy again all year next year...allow me to introduce the deer we have named goliath.
                    Good luck on that sucker, he's a monster.

Comment

Went and looked at the lease. Roads were pretty good but could see where I would need four wheel drive if it got real wet. Deer sign looked good as well so look like I will be following this thread this year!

Comment

YO -----

- 2015 season -- 55 acres

Throwing this out for 1-2 guys ---- if interested.. Won't really be good for more than 2.
                        Surrounded by good country on all 4 sides.

I am a Marine, a Christian, Married, HS football coach -
                        I am blessed to have been able to purchase my own place.
                        I looked for 15 yrs before the wife and I could purchase our own.
                        I hunted buddies lands for years and always dreamed for the possibility of having my own place.
                        I take pride in the fact that it is mine and expect that those on it will respect it and treat as if it were their own.

I am not looking for someone to set up a BIG DEER CAMP for the BOYS.
                        Maybe a Guy or two and the family....
                        --> Expect that it is you and your immediate family only.
                        (Wife/Kids) -- Kids means kids....

Due to the fact that it is in SE OKLA there is a lot of GREEN growth throughout the year and would expect/appreciate that you put in a little time out there while you are goofing around - to make the place better.

If you expect to have a fire in the winter in the firepit....
                        You will have to cut Firewood to stack throughout the year so there is enough for winter time.

I ask that you keep your head on a swivel + clip/cleared trails of the twings/branches that are at Face/Hand level as you cruise around on ATV during the growing season to keep it cleaned up and they are not SMACKING the kids in the face.. :-)

-You know normal upkeep kind of stuff.

I have put a lot of time and energy into the layout of the land and cut a LOT of ATV trails and Cleared out some areas to make it enjoyable for the family.
                        I have set up the place so that kids and adults can enjoy ATVS and ride around through verying types of foilage. The ground varies from soil, to gravel, to sand, to rocky with a lot of elevation changes.

I wold estimate - 70-75% - thick coverage/trees.
                        Has a decent gun range with u shaped 10-12 ft berms that you can
                        back off 65 yds or out to 125 possibly
                        I have a pond that is about the size of a basketball court
                        - depending on the weather you can catch small bass, bluegil, catfish
                        3 feeders + 3 blinds are in place

The person would have to have their own TRAVEL TRAILER or TENT.
                        (OR) possibly build a small hunting shack but that is something we would have to discuss.

I have water, but no electricity..

If the person that wants to LEASE has access to a "Front loader" !!!!!
                        Well - then if you don't mind putting it to use....
                        We can negotiate..

If you can "WELD" and make stuff like a skinning rack --- awesome..
                        We can negotiate if you wanted to make one.....

Typical Good sized and Oklahoma Deer compared to Texas Deer.

In the 6 yrs I have had it I have only seen "2 HOGs"
                        I shot one BIG one that was messing up my feeders.
                        But there is always a racoon to pop @ night at the feeders w the kiddos.
                        Lotsa coyotes off in the distance but I have never called em in.
                        I have heard TURKEY - but I don't hunt em and have not seen em.

I tried to get a fellow TBHer on the place last yr, but he ended up having a crazy pregnancy with his wife and was never out there one time.....

(I have not hunted my place in literally two yrs) being that I am a HS football coach and we have been blessed to play deep in the playoffs till DEC... That is GOOD for the career, but BAD for time outdoors.

I use it primarily for the once a month (2-3 guys for a trip) or to take (the Kids) out and fart around.

2 hr 15 min from Wylie or McKinney in SE OKLA on the east side of RATTAN, OK.

PM me if interested and we can talk $ , expectations, and possibilities !

I can TEXT pics..

Comment

I'm hunting in Alfalfa county, and I'm planning spring/summer food plots this year for the first time.

I killed a 173" buck, and my brother killed a 157" buck in 2014. There were some really nice young "seed" bucks, so I'm hoping that a little added nutrition will produce dividends in 2015.

Comment

This is my first year to hunt in SE Okie country. From what I am reading is that there is a lot of poaching and thievery that takes place, true? As far as bears in the area are there a lot and should I expect to lose a feeder or two due to the damage?

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                              This is my first year to hunt in SE Okie country. From what I am reading is that there is a lot of poaching and thievery that takes place, true? As far as bears in the area are there a lot and should I expect to lose a feeder or two due to the damage?
                              Its rampant, with no deer and illegal aliens sleeping in your stands and stealing your camp stuff Move along

Comment

I own land in eastern Pushmataha County and have kept a camper up there for three years with no problems. I did have a camera taken off my place last year. My place is small but I have gotten pictures of some nice bucks over the last two years. I hunt on a large lease that joins my place place so I never hunt my place. Lots of nice deer in the area.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X