2013 moby thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    My theory is... He stays the spring/summer on your place then in the fall heads to his "breeding" grounds. Could be a mile away or 5 miles away. I've heard of one guy having pics of a deer 15 miles away in the spring for a few years, and another guy seeing him in the fall and finally shot him.
    this could be exactly what happens. I know on our place we see them from feb-sep pretty much every day and a couple diff groups. October through jan we don't get one pic of anything besides young bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
      My place holds a lot of bucks I prob have pics of over 10 diff bucks and 2 does on my place so far. Some of the bucks move out early oct to a diff place and show back up in late nov but when that happens I have a group of diff bucks move in. That's why it's so import for me to shoot him early if not he will move on to find the lady's
      we got plenty of ladies on our place!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
        this could be exactly what happens. I know on our place we see them from feb-sep pretty much every day and a couple diff groups. October through jan we don't get one pic of anything besides young bucks.

yup

Comment

Well my theory is looking like I am right last time I went in from the back side got pics of him come in right at dark and early this morn just didn't get any good pics this morn Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371073448.633133.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24208830

Comment

Looking good chris! Going to be a stud again this year.

Comment

Y'all check ur cams anymore

Comment

Looking good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
                  Y'all check ur cams anymore
                  Wish we could....ain't none left. That makes 3 now...

Comment

hes gettin good, cant wait til season starts for ya, good luck

Comment

Still getting just about every day but most are night or real early morn

Comment

I would suggest charting his activity based on moon phase. See if you can develop a pattern that will be able to help you to know when that "perfect" time to hunt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                          I would suggest charting his activity based on moon phase. See if you can develop a pattern that will be able to help you to know when that "perfect" time to hunt him.
                          great advice, doing the same with the buck on my place, will see how it turns out.

Comment

What a stud! I'm following along and hope you stick him this year, Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                              That really isn't a bad idea at all. I don't real but into the moon much, but you certainly have an opportunity to get a real pattern on him.
                              Also I bet he's bedded between your house and the camera. I think that because you said when you walk in you don't get as many pictures.

Comment

I stared a log a few weeks ago. Also sparkes I think he is bedded pretty close my house is only about 300 yards from this new spot where he has been coming in durning the day

Comment

Working...
                                X