Hit List Cull Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    That would win spike category in every deer contest in the state!
    Haha
    State record

Comment

Culls?? those would all be considered trophies in my book

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
        [ATTACH]397126[/ATTACH]
        We call him"Devil". Biggest spike I have ever scene.
        Thy would make a wicked euro mount

Comment

just one of the many
          Attached Files

Comment

Good luck on the culls Dan, keep us posted!

This buck is my nemesis. I had him last year at 23 yards quartering away and I shot the bottom of the window in my panel blind. My arrow exploded and I was devasted because he was my #1 cull hit lister for the year.

1st pic is him this year and the last 2 are him last year. I think he's 8yr and he's # 1 on my list again! Also another shooter in the background from the 1st pic that I will gladly stick as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

DBIII he can get better from losing the eye...

Things don't always effect opposite side.

Comment

here's one
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                  Culls???? I call about 90% of these guys wall hangers! I wish this was a problem I was having.....
                  Im sitting here thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWG DAWG View Post
                    Im sitting here thinking the same thing.
                    I have mounted probably 3 deer I would call "culls" . They were mature all 125-150 just not what I would call s "trophy" on our place I view a trophy as 150+ mature. Anything else that doesn't make that mark is considered a "management buck or cull"

But one thing we never do is " cull" immature deer. My thinking is you never know for sure till they are at least 4.5. Nothing frustrates me more then those guys that shoot these 2.5 yr old basket rack 8s with sub par genetics and call them a "cull" .

Sorry didn't mean to rant.. Def some nice mature deer on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                      I have mounted probably 3 deer I would call "culls" . They were mature all 125-150 just not what I would call s "trophy" on our place I view a trophy as 150+ mature. Anything else that doesn't make that mark is considered a "management buck or cull"

But one thing we never do is " cull" immature deer. My thinking is you never know for sure till they are at least 4.5. Nothing frustrates me more then those guys that shoot these 2.5 yr old basket rack 8s with sub par genetics and call them a "cull" .

Sorry didn't mean to rant.. Def some nice mature deer on this thread
                      I must disagree with you. I have been hunting the same ranch in south texas for going on 9 years now and we will not let a deer, no matter what his age is, walk if he has no brow tines, is a basket rack, or has plain inferior genetics because we in the past have found that when we gave a pass to bucks with the traits listed above we saw more and more like that. If you pass on a definate cull, like one that has any of the above traits, you can almost rest assured that those inferior genetics will become more and more previlant, making it harder and harder to improve your herd quality. A cull is a cull no matter what age he is, and a deer with inferior genetics is definatly a cull I still don't see how you can say they aren't culls.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
                        Good luck on the culls Dan, keep us posted!

This buck is my nemesis. I had him last year at 23 yards quartering away and I shot the bottom of the window in my panel blind. My arrow exploded and I was devasted because he was my #1 cull hit lister for the year.

1st pic is him this year and the last 2 are him last year. I think he's 8yr and he's # 1 on my list again! Also another shooter in the background from the 1st pic that I will gladly stick as well.
                        Hope you get him Justin. All it takes is one encounter with him getting away for things to get personal Know the feeling all too well. Go make it happen

Comment

That spike was huge

Comment

I wasn't calling my deer culls as much as management bucks. Trust me when when I say I would be very proud to arrow any if those bucks.

Comment

I'm confident you or Dave will stick one or more of those bucks this year.

Diablo is my nemesis. I gave him a flesh wound on his shoulder in 2010 when he was a 7/8 year old. He's one extremely tough and smart deer. I figure he's 10 this year.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cecilbell3 View Post
                                I must disagree with you. I have been hunting the same ranch in south texas for going on 9 years now and we will not let a deer, no matter what his age is, walk if he has no brow tines, is a basket rack, or has plain inferior genetics because we in the past have found that when we gave a pass to bucks with the traits listed above we saw more and more like that. If you pass on a definate cull, like one that has any of the above traits, you can almost rest assured that those inferior genetics will become more and more previlant, making it harder and harder to improve your herd quality. A cull is a cull no matter what age he is, and a deer with inferior genetics is definatly a cull I still don't see how you can say they aren't culls.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest
                                If that's the case, then places that are advertised as not having been hunted for years and years should have absolutely HORRIBLE deer... Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X