Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We both made ti Mike i was late this morning but i enjoyed my time out. I wonder what the fishings like with the dam a full roar.

Comment

Yeah I made it in. Saw 4 deer walking in but nothing at my spot

Comment

This is what I was greeted to on my two spots this morning.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck everyone. Its wet and swampy but there deer are moving if you can get out there.

Comment

W lake is at 9.75 feet above normal. And releasing 20,006 cfs.

Grandbury has upped it's release to 30,500 cfs. And currently sits at 1.51 feet below normal. PK is still releasing 17,200 and lake level is rising. PK is at .18 feet below normal.

A lake is at 13.24 feet above normal. And releasing only 2,569 cfs.

Waco is sitting at 19.11 feet above normal. And only releasing 2,409 cfs. This lake wont take much more. I have seen it at 23ft above normal, once.

Comment

Hoff, what road was that was blocked off?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                We both made ti Mike i was late this morning but i enjoyed my time out. I wonder what the fishings like with the dam a full roar.

I had a notion to go take a peek. But haven't yet. I'll get pics if I do. Thinking of going to Grandbury to get pics too . But that is a long walk around that fence line. And my back ain't been so good this past week. Hence why I'm home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Hoff, what road was that was blocked off?
                  FM1244. It was open Thursday and Friday, but this morning it was closed. I was at a different unit Friday night and got rained out. Its all kinds of slushy out there. Hard to walk quiet.

Comment

If rains hold off this week, should road be back open and ground dry enough to get in and out safely say next Friday,Saturday? Or think another week of dry weather? My truck isnt 4x4, and last thing I wanna do is get it stuck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck I had to put my truck in 4x4 just pulling onto the entrance on a side of the road. It was slick

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        Heck I had to put my truck in 4x4 just pulling onto the entrance on a side of the road. It was slick
                        Thats what kept me away this evening. My nephew is up at his dads in OK so I wouldnt have to watch him so I was gonna go do a evening hunt Friday and today. But after seeing folks say roads where closed and having to drive in 4 wheel drive, I opted not to go. I dont have the money to pay to have a wrecker come pull me out of the mud

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                          Thats what kept me away this evening. My nephew is up at his dads in OK so I wouldnt have to watch him so I was gonna go do a evening hunt Friday and today. But after seeing folks say roads where closed and having to drive in 4 wheel drive, I opted not to go. I dont have the money to pay to have a wrecker come pull me out of the mud

that's the good thing about this site. If you get stuck just get on here and ask for help. I'm sure someone would come pull ya out

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                            that's the good thing about this site. If you get stuck just get on here and ask for help. I'm sure someone would come pull ya out

I've pulled a few out. I keep a 30 foot jerk strap behind the back seat.

Comment

Im just very shy about asking for help. Ive struggled with it since I was little and would have to go ask for cup of sugar or a wrench or something like that from the neighbors

Comment

Now that I have wifi. This was my Thursday before the road closure. My spot is about half a mile past where I took this. I think Im on plan d now..which included finding a homeless woman hanging out on the land. Good luck everyone and stay safe.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X