No announcement yet.

Mobil One Annual Oil Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone change filters between oil changes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The key is filtration. Don't skimp on filter.

Amsoil has always had 15k oil recommendations with their filter. Throw a bypass system on and you can get 25k. All recommended to change a the 1 year mark.

Advancements in oil and filtration have done wonders for vehicle lubrication.

Comment

Amsoil he was had one year or 25,000 miles for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post

I change my oil, my filter gets changed as well. I'm already under there, might as well do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
            I change my oil, my filter gets changed as well. I'm already under there, might as well do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            In between oil changes, not at oil changes.

Comment

My Powerstroke gets Amsoil and I change every 10k. Along with oil and fuel filters

Gas vehicles get Mobil 1 and change oil and filter every 10k

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
                It's probably based upon you only driving 10-12k miles per year. Who only drives that?
                Lol, most of America...Believe it or not. Texas is just a huge state, I have never lived somewhere that it's no big deal to just hop in the truck for a day trip to the beach, 2 hours away. Growing up, 2 hours was a long drive. Now, that's basically an errand.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post

This is the key.....I have had oil analysis done to ensure I am not messing up but I also don't want to throw money away....I put a lot of mile on my vehicle. The key is filtration. When running a synthetic oil I change filter every 12-15K the oil may be 50k or better depending on oil breakdown.

Comment

My wife and I both drive Fords now and we go by the sensor that notifies us when the oil needs to be changed, usually 10-12k miles.

He last vehicle was a Mercedes and they scheduled a once a year service regardless of mileage. She put 25k+ on per year and they said that was 'no problem'.

Engines and oil have come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                      This is the key.....I have had oil analysis done to ensure I am not messing up but I also don't want to throw money away....I put a lot of mile on my vehicle. The key is filtration. When running a synthetic oil I change filter every 12-15K the oil may be 50k or better depending on oil breakdown.
                      I change oil every 12 to 15k and have thought about changing filters at 6 to 8k especially in my cars since they are the cartridge type that change from the top.

Comment

Working...
                      X