Machinery mover in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machinery mover in DFW

Anyone have a recommendation on a machinery mover? Im looking at a 5000lb surface grinder that only needs to move 10 miles or so. My first quote was $1200 Thats over double what they are asking for the machine

We are having a CNC Mill delivered tomorrow. I'll get his info and let you know.

Comment

How many pieces is it in?

How big is it?

Able Machinery is the biggest around, but that may be too small a job for them. You can move 5,000Lbs pretty easy without a specialized forklift, depending on the size/awkwardness of the piece.

Comment

Can it be moved with a flatbed wrecker and winch?

Comment

Man I feel your pain. It's a problem with heavy iron.

Comment

Dont feel too bad, I paid $3600 to move a machine about 25 mi a couple of months ago. At only 5000lb I think I would find a way to do it myself. ( but Im notoriously cheap )

Comment

Are you just needing a truck to move it for you or someone that can load/unload and what not?

Comment

We’ve built frames out of thick wood and also steel to haul heavy machinery on. Frames that are bolted together then put HD wheels or rollers underneath. Some things are top heavy, I know. Many times we’ve gotten by just fine without hiring a machinery mover.

Comment

Need more details. Is there a way to load and unload at each place?

Comment

The machine is one piece. Id love to do it myself. The place has a forklift but I dont think its big enough to lift it. I bought a lathe from them and just put it on a pallet and unloaded it myself with a pallet jack and the car lift at home.

I can rent a trailer that has a hydraulic drop deck that will drop to the ground. Its just a matter of lifting it there onto the trailer.

Flatbed may work but getting it from where it is in the shop to the flat bed is the problem.

Comment

Can you post a picture of it, or one similar in size?

Comment

Comment

If I can get this thing loaded on a pallet like the one in the picture, I think its an easy move with the pallet jack.

Comment

Surely a warehouse forklift could pick it up to get on a pallet

Comment

Sure doesn't look like 5,000lbs, but if you say it is, I believe you. Most shop lifts will lift 5,000lbs...I have a 5,500Lb pallet jack I'd loan you. Then you'd just need to rent one of those drop flat trailers and have a little help.

Comment

Working...
                              X