Deer Season 2018 post your photos and Tall Tails Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Season 2018 post your photos and Tall Tails Thread

Deer Season 2018 opened with a nice big cull doe and a 3.5 to 4 year old 7 point buck.

I used the reliable 20" P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Surefire SOCOM762RC and a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

I used the Steiner HX15x56mm binoculars from www.ThirdCoastThermal.com to get a close look. I am amazed at how useful a great set of binoculars is when hunting. This set was provided by Third Coast Thermal.
    Deer Season 2018 1st weekend 1st deer. A full doe. Fat and healthy. I used a suppressed @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Neck shot with a Federal 165gr ganeking soft point

Deer Season 2018 1st weekend 3.5 year old 7 point cull buck. He never developed a brow tine. He was around 175lbs. I used a suppressed @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover

Getting ready for opening morning. A little PMCS on the @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover and a Rolex Sea Dweller ref. 16600 on the @campionatoclub "Motociclo" strap to keep me on time.

Shooting Gemtech subsonic .22lr at the 400 yard IPSC. 22mil of elevations gets me there. The projectiles simply flattened out.

Shooting Gemtech subsonic .22lr at the 400 yard IPSC. 22mil of elevations gets me there. The projectiles simply flattened out.

Opening Day Deer Season 2018. Remington 700 6.8 w/ a Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor.

#wilsoncombat
    #wildriverranch @wildriverranch #6.8spc
    #blackgunsmatter #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #rifles_only #riflesonly #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust #coveryourcan #deerseason #deerseason2018

Deer Season 2018. Working in some hog hunting out of the Pelican case with the @eatontacticalinnovations insert. Makes it easy to have everything you need.

The POF P-308, Trijicon Snipe-IR and Dead Air Sandman L w/ Rifles Only Had Suppressor Cover. The Day optic is a Nightforce in a Larue mount. The Harris bipod is also on a Larue Tactical mount. @realavid Bore Boss Self-Contained Pull-Through Bore Cleaner
    @third_coast_thermal provided the Trijicon SNIPE-IR.

Deer Season 2018. Before www.eatontacticalinnovations.com, i had to make case inserts at home by hand.
    @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Surefire SOCOM762RC and a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

I used a hot wire cutter and made templates to cut this phone myself. Now that @eatontacticalinnovations Innovations is doing custom foam sets for a very reasonable price, there's no reason to spend this much time rolling your own.

This is a Savage. 22lr with a Vortex Viper PST, Harris bipod and Dead Air Mask HD. The www.eatontacticalinnovations.com case insert for precision rifles fits the Pelican 1750 case. I have been using this insert for several months and it works well with multiple precision rifles. It has a place for the:
    bolt,
    rangefinder
    Bipod
    Sling
    Cleaning kit
    Dope book

Data book, Gemtech Subsonic ammo, Savage MkII 22lr with a Vortex 1st gen. Viper PST 6-24 GDP Mil-Mil, Harris bipod and Dead Air Mask HD. 22mil to get to 400 yards. 13.5 dialed and holding 8.5 on the reticle.

Flattened .22 projectiles from hitting solid steel at 400 yards. Shooting .22lr at 400 yard steel

Ruger American 300blk in a MDT LSS chassis with a 8" barrel. The barrel is a cut down factory barrel. The silencer is an Omega 9K.

These are available at Able Outfitters in Conroe. @ableoutfitters

Data book, Gemtech Subsonic ammo, Savage MkII 22lr with a Vortex 1st gen. Viper PST 6-24 GDP Mil-Mil, Harris bipod and Dead Air Mask HD. 22mil to get to 400 yards. 13.5 dialed and holding 8.5 on the reticle.

Deer Season 2018 1st weekend gear report. Using a suppressed @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover and a set of Steiner HX 15 x 56 binoculars for viewing. @third_coast_thermal
    Has Steiners in stock.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good pics! Thanks for the infomercial!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Good pics! Thanks for the infomercial!

Sorry, I was tired and pulling the description off the Instagram posts I made.

The .22 bullets behavior at 400 yards was fascinating. I would hate to get hit by one at that distance

Comment

Nice Luminox!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Nice Luminox!
          Thanks. It was really fascinating to walk down to the 400-yard Target see all of those 22 projectiles scattered in front of it

Comment

My 8 year old insisted that I cook the heart of the deer. Tried a new recipe

Comment

Nice toys

Comment

TX panhandle Pronghorn Saturday 6.5CM.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Deer Season 2018. Hunting suppressed! A 2 yr old cull doe. Fat and healthy, about 90lbs or so. 140yard neck shot. I used a suppressed @pofusa 20" POF P-308 & Vortex Razor HD 5-20 w/ a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

Comment

Opening Day . . .Who is going out?

Any good prospects?

Comment

The G-son got an 8 point this past Saturday evening.... Ruger American in 300 blackout....
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome. Great deer

Comment

Friday at the Deer Lease. My friend's first deer of the 2018 regular season. An older 9pt. Taken with the Mosin-Nagant 91-30 made in 1942 w/ AAC Cyclone.

The barrel was shortened to 22" and threaded 9/16x24 nf tpi. A Timeny trigger was installed, the stock was shortened and stripped of all lacquer then true oiled without staining. The action was pillar bedded and the barrel free floated and glass bedded. An ATI scope mount kit was added. The @primaryarmsonline 4-14 FFP Mil-Mil scope was selected. The bolt was customised. The barelled action and magazine were duracoated. The AAC Cyclone is attached with a thread adapter that was checked for concentricity.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                              Friday at the Deer Lease. My friend's first deer of the 2018 regular season. An older 9pt. Taken with the Mosin-Nagant 91-30 made in 1942 w/ AAC Cyclone.

The barrel was shortened to 22" and threaded 9/16x24 nf tpi. A Timeny trigger was installed, the stock was shortened and stripped of all lacquer then true oiled without staining. The action was pillar bedded and the barrel free floated and glass bedded. An ATI scope mount kit was added. The @primaryarmsonline 4-14 FFP Mil-Mil scope was selected. The bolt was customised. The barelled action and magazine were duracoated. The AAC Cyclone is attached with a thread adapter that was checked for concentricity.

So awesome. I’ve got one and have always wanted to do something with it. Just haven’t done it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X