Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    I would bet the trinity comes out at RCWMA. What dates are the hunts? I would keep calling and see what they do.
    It's next week, Monday through Friday. I'll give it some time before I call. I'm sure they are knee deep in their own problems right now.

Comment

There is a good chance they will cancel it. You will get your preference points back.

Comment

I crossed it today on US 79/84. It's still inside the banks, but full bank.
        I would bet the hunt gets cancelled. I seen them cancel this hunt 3 months before the hunt would even start.

Comment

I just talked with a gentleman from the WMA. It ain't lookin good. A good bit of the property is under water and is expected to rise. They will make an official call tomorrow about lunch but unofficially it will probably be cancelled. Real bummer. I guess you can't control Mother Nature though.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            I would bet the hunt gets cancelled. I seen them cancel this hunt 3 months before the hunt would even start.

Hey Sqiggy did you get your money back when they cancelled before?
            Last edited by bossbowman; 10-16-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Hey Sqiggy did you get your money back when they cancelled before?
              Yes I did.
              Had more of a problem getting my points back!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post

So you’ve seen them cancel a hunt in July that was supposed to take place in October? How did you apply for that hunt before the book came out? Come on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still raining down here near RWMA. Lots of rain up north the river will come out of banks. My money is on it floods it again and they cancel

Comment

Just noticed RC lake is over pool and rising, with all the expensive houses on the lake now they have to pull it down, and when they start releasing it will flood the south unit worse. Bank on them canceling this hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by edbo144 View Post
                      So you’ve seen them cancel a hunt in July that was supposed to take place in October? How did you apply for that hunt before the book came out? Come on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Yes it had to do with managing the loss of a fawn crop. Not managing wet hunters.

Come on man![emoji6]

Comment

I'm fixin to stir up a **** storm here I'm sure but I will not put in for this hunt even though I live only 20 min away. when I seen the buck that the guy that runs the place shot out there and found out that he don't let no one hunt that area ****** me off. Also they let a GW go in there and hunt and killed a monster. I would like to know if he put in his draw hunts. I used to put in there for about 5 yrs and never got drawn there,then when I found all this out about the GW and the guy that runs the place i never decided to hunt there again. My opinion it's run by somebody that it shouldn't be run by. I'm sure somebody could find a pic of the buck that the GW killed and post it. It just to fishy to me.

Comment

Its a shame how restricted the RC WMA is compared to when it was type 2 land before 2001 and you could bowhunt it all deer season long, but this is a safety issue, this place floods bad quick. I'm sure its a nightmare scenario for them having a bunch of guys back in there and the water starts rising. But I agree with you on some points and have heard the stories of the tpwd guys managing the place hunting it themselves and treating it like their own deer lease...
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edbo144 View Post

Never said I applied for a hunt that been cancelled in July. I'm not sure when TPWD sets the dates for the draw hunts, but I would bet it's by June since the hunts are posted early July. All I said was I seen them post the hunt for RC, and by the time you could apply for that hunt, they had already cancelled the hunt for Oct.
                            Come on man, keep up!!!

Comment

I don't remember what year it was, but it flooded during the summer and TPWD cancelled the hunts for that fall, even though it was all dried up by Oct. It was also cancelled the next year as well.
                              Somebody posted some pics of that flood.

Comment

It's official. The archery hunt has been cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X