Archery fall turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery fall turkey?

Anyone here ever arrow a bird in the fall? Did you use a blind? I'm going to try at O.C. Fisher. Collecting tips.

use a blind and use a (feeding) decoy should work good dont use the same tactics you would in the spring just feeding time of the year and oh yeah they like those yellow acorns lol

Comment

Bust em up

If you can locate a feeding flock of birds, sneak up on them. Use the brush and terrain. If you can get within 50 yds or so, run into the the birds barking like a dog. I guarantee they'll scatter. Some folks train dogs to do this. Get hidden and immediately start calling. Listen to the birds after they scatter and copy their calls. They want to regroup and will come right back in.

I've done it several times while out working in the woods. It's a lot of fun. Doesn't work everytime but its fun to try.

Comment

Froggy I have seen those birds off of Decauter Road just after you get off 730 there is like 45 or so birds I had to stop on decauter road to let them cross it is kinda funny I have also seen 6 coyote puppys up across from the cemetary right before you turn right to go towards Black Creek Lake.

Comment

I have busted a fall flock before, and they did come running back in and made a racket trying to call to each other. I had a shotgun that time, so it was easy. Not sure how that tactic would work with a bow, unless I threw up my half blind or something. I think my plan is to put out the hen deek and some "yellow acorns" but first I think I need to find their roost or at least some heavy sign -- dontcha think?

Comment

Working...
          X