No announcement yet.

Amistad 08-09. Who is going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year was the first year I went out there. I downloaded some topos and ariel photos and after I got out there a bunch of the land on the map was under water. There were some nice grassy flats right at waters edge where I saw some does which sounds like now might be under water. I'll post when I return.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will consolidate the deer a bit?

Comment

Dahmer you have mail

Comment

You 2 amistad

Comment

A couple of friends and myself will be going down this weekend, will be going down late Saturday and will hunt till Monday morning.
          Cant wait to see the lake, it has been a long time since I have seen it full.

Comment

Todays paper said that it was at 106%. Some friends were down there the first part of the week fishing.
            Mike

Comment

Ready to hunt

My buddie and I will be there on weekend of October 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th to get set up fro the year. Plan to hunt area 2 and area 1 again this year. Last year no kills for me but my buddie had a few nice ones even a turkey with his bow. If you are around let us know we will hook up. I looked at the water level and it is up. They even have a web cam on this site

Amistad Web Cam:

Serigo call me when you are around to scout while we are there.

Scott
              scott.beard@hp.com
              Attached Files

Comment

I went out there and hunted area 5 last weekend. It was really hot during the day and only dropped to 71 at night. Saw probably twice to three times as many deer last year as well. Could be that I went in December and the gun hunters had chased them off the surrounding private land? I did see a few deer every morning and evening but was not able to connect(had opportunities but botched it). Did not see any Mouflon and the few others hunters I ran into didn't see any either. One local hunter told me the sheep were outside of the hunt area to the west near the subdivision. Ranger said lake was up 17 feet since August. Some of the nice grassy areas I hunted in the evenings last year I'm guessing were 8 to 10 feet under water. A couple of locals at the hunt area parking lot told me they were seeing some Javelina in area 2. Best part about this years hunt is there were very few other hunters out there.

Comment

Bowhunt-FEVER,

Which unit did you see the turkeys? It's a shame they don't have a spring hunt.

Comment

Working...
                  X