Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please.... "Lost" Ground Blind, Stool, etc at Cooper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public land

I dont consider leaving my stands in the wma for the season littering. Especially if I am hunting them every other day. I pull my stuff at the end of season and have never had any problems until this year. My stance on the theft is that with the economy bad, crime as a whole is on the increase, hunting gear included! The most frustrating thing about the whole situation to me is the fact that I scout hard during the off season, put in lots of miles trying to find ways to get away from these dirt bag thieves and it still blows up in my face, on opening weekend when all my stuff is stolen! Somebodies going to get a beat down if I catch em stealing my stuff.

Comment

Guys guys...!! His deal was that he set it down and someone else walked off with it! If it was just a single item for example and knife that fell out of a sheath I would consider it "lost" and finders keepers! If it was a stand left out all season long he should have known better to trust his luck!
      Even though he left it for an extended period of time, NO ONE just leaves a full pile of stuff for others to walk off with and I believe a true sportsperson, would have left it alone or would have advertised having found it...by now!
      I hunt public land almost exclusively and have left stuff under bushes, in a tree, IN CAMP temporarily. Sometimes its the only way to keep on hunting, keep on scouting.....to trust the honesty of whomever MIGHT come across it. But if they do, they should have realized that someone was coming back for it.
      And I call whoever took it a thief.

Comment

In his case THAT was stealing! I DONT agree with taking someones stuff clearly left for just a short time

Pat..if I find something under a bush I'll steer clear LOL!!!
        Last edited by Longstick; 10-11-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Were u hunting behind the dam?

Comment

Hey Man If Your Stand Is Getting Stolen, You Can Be Sure Some Else Is Huntin Out Of It I've Learned. If You Got A Good Public Spot The Last Thing You Want To Do Is Leave A Stand, It Screams Please Hunt Me.

Comment

Working...
            X