Hope for the best ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    Problem is a hat could have gotten knocked in a scuffle and security guard guy might not have even noticed it. Cop yells, maybe security guy yells back (trying to explain), confusion ensues and innocent guy gets shot. But that is just a guess

and if you are holding a dangerous person at gunpoint are you really going to want to lay your gun down and trust anyone, cops included, to keep you from getting attacked, possibly with your own gun. Sometimes cops should maybe listen too? Crazy, I know
    No...

When the police show up the scene belongs to theme. If a police officer has you at gun point ALWAYS comply. Then explain later. Do not add to a high stress situation.

Security should know this and be briefed on how to respond.

We should not rationalize the situation to fit a respone that places blame. It is a sad situation for sure. Winder if there is bideo.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      No...

When the police show up the scene belongs to theme. If a police officer has you at gun point ALWAYS comply. Then explain later. Do not add to a high stress situation.

Security should know this and be briefed on how to respond.

We should not rationalize the situation to fit a respone that places blame. It is a sad situation for sure. Winder if there is bideo.
      Well, there are exceptions like when the cop shot and killed the severely mentally handicapped guy who was holding a toy train, the handicap guy's case worker was trying to tell the cop that the handicap man was holding a toy train and the cop went ahead and shot and killed him, the cop was too busy yelling to take a second and listen. I guess the cop owned that seen too. There was a video in that case

Cop defenders always crack me up, cops are not always in the right just like they are not always in the wrong, they are not infallible although many times they and their diehard supporters want to believe they are. I also wonder if there is video in this case, will be interesting. I hope it is not, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, but then the cop will shoot you anyway," but that seems to be the case with the information so far. If other info comes to light a have no qualms changing my opinion on this particular case

Comment

Well, there are exceptions like when the cop shot and killed the severely mentally handicapped guy who was holding a toy train, the handicap guy's case worker was trying to tell the cop that the handicap man was holding a toy train and the cop went ahead and shot and killed him, the cop was too busy yelling to take a second and listen. I guess the cop owned that seen too. There was a video in that case

Cop defenders always crack me up, cops are not always in the right just like they are not always in the wrong, they are not infallible although many times they and their diehard supporters want to believe they are. I also wonder if there is video in this case, will be interesting. I hope it is not, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, but then the cop will shoot you anyway," but that seems to be the case with the information so far. If other info comes to light a have no qualms changing my opinion on this particular case
        Um...ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          Um...ok.
          Don't bother trying..

Guy starts a shoot out, LEO shows up and shoots a guy with a gun who won't drop the fun, LEO is the bad guy.

I guess some want LEO to stop and have tea with them. Maybe play patty cake just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I guess some want LEO to stop and have tea with them. Maybe play patty cake just to be sure.

No, maybe just properly asses the situation. But i guess that may just be too much to ask, especially if people will continue to defend them when they make life or death mistakes.

Comment

But that is just a guess
              You keep guessing and I will keep sticking to the facts that are being reported.

I am not a cop defender in the least. Just really disagree with the "i am upset because the TV told me to be" folks.

Comment

No, maybe just properly asses the situation. But i guess that may just be too much to ask, especially if people will continue to defend them when they make life or death mistakes.
                Dude, some guy has a gun! He's responding to a live shooting. Are you freaking kidding me right now?

Let me shoot a gun and then let you. just for one second, think I may shoot you. I bet you don't take time to asses the situation. Not unless you count taking a few seconds to feel the pee and poop slide down your leg.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  You keep guessing and I will keep sticking to the facts that are being reported.

I am not a cop defender in the least. Just really disagree with the "i am upset because the TV told me to be" folks.

Agree 100percent, that is why I wanted to make it clear that my opinion could be changed 👍

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Dude, some guy has a gun! He's responding to a live shooting. Are you freaking kidding me right now?

Let me shoot a gun and then let you. just for one second, think I may shoot you. I bet you don't take time to asses the situation. Not unless you count taking a few seconds to feel the pee and poop slide down your leg.
                    Imagine for a second you were just in a gun fight, your ears are ringing, your adrenaline is sky high, your heart is pounding, somebody off to the side is yelling, there is a solid chance that you wouldn't have any idea what they were saying. So, no i am not kidding you right now.

I don't believe non immediate compliance should always equal "shoot " but if that is how you feel, i hope you are never in a situation that looks bad to a cop and he decides to shoot you. I am sure there would be poeple on this forum to say what you did wrong though

Comment

Imagine for a second you were just in a gun fight
                      How many gun fights you been in?

Comment

Does Fortnite count?

Comment

What does that have to do with knowing all the things he described? Your ears would be ringing. Your adrenaline would be sky high. And your heart would be pounding.

Comment

Absolutely zero, but I have.worked wrecks and have seen people who couldn't comprehend what you were saying, and would give different answers to questions like "what is your birthday". And i was standing a couple of feet away and looking them in the eyes. This was at minor wrecks too, where there was no real physical injuries, they just had had a huge adrenaline dump. It ain't hard to extrapolate, plus add in ringing ears from gunfire (i have shot a gun).

Comment

And I would imagine that if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. But what good does it do to speculate here?

The cop could have talking over the PA system on his patrol car. Security guard with a CHL, absolutely knew what protocol is when cops roll up and see guns drawn.

This was not the first time gun shots rang out at Manny's Blue Room.

Honest question here, isnt there regulations for a CHL into a bar?

Comment

And I would imagine that if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. But what good does it do to speculate here?

The cop could have talking over the PA system on his patrol car. Security guard with a CHL, absolutely knew what protocol is when cops roll up and see guns drawn.

This was not the first time gun shots rang out at Manny's Blue Room.

Honest question here, isnt there regulations for a CHL into a bar?
                                I thought that you didn't want to speculate and yet you assume that the security guard "absolutely knew" what to do, I simply pointed out that knowing what to do and being able to do it sometimes ain't the samething.

And i have no idea what the laws for chl is in Chicago, and if it is different from a chl holder and a security guard, would be interesting to find out

Comment

Working...
                                X