Ozonics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics Question

I bought an HR200 recently and was wondering if I should mount it on the outside of the blind so that it’s pointing downwind? I can mount it on the inside and point it out the window but I really want to make sure I’m no breathing the ozone. The box bow blinds we have don’t have windows in the back so we can’t open a window to allow a chimney effect like Ozonics recommends. N winds blow somewhat toward the feeders on tw setups which is why I purchased the Ozonics. Let me know how y’all would set it up.

Hunting out of a pop up, I put it inside and point it down blowing down across and slightly outside the open window. That seems to work best for me. I have also hung it in the back of the blind and opened a window slightly (chimney effect) and that works too as long as the wind is blowing from your target zone. This takes the ozone out the back side of the blind. In reality, I want maximum protection from winds that swirl or move toward my target zone so that's why I put it in front. Hope that makes sense. It absolutely works to fool deer... hogs, not even close...

Comment

it must be pointed out the window , or you will not like the smell . it will make you sick head ache etc .

If you could make a mount that had it drawing from inside to outside I do not see why that would not work as well . just do not breath it

Comment

In for suggestions.
        Got my first unit and haven’t been able to prove it for myself yet.

Comment

Since I'm hunting out of bow box blinds with no rear windows would you just clamp it up high and blow it out the front window, which will be downwind?
          Here's the picture of the blinds I'll be hunting out of. There are windows in the front and two sides, but none in the back.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Blind 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24556382

Comment

In...

Thinking of joining the club

Comment

I have mine mounted at the top of the downwind window. Unless the wind shifts I only occasionally get a small whiff of ozone

Name:	510db85910cb219b4cca90a37413fd35.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	24556385

Comment

See if his link works for how I use mine outside the blind.
                Watch "Ozonics and Krivoman blind combo" on YouTube

Comment

Thanks for the link. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I have mine mounted at the top of the downwind window. Unless the wind shifts I only occasionally get a small whiff of ozone

[ATTACH]929150[/ATTACH]
                    This is how I set mine up in my pop up too.
                    One trick I discovered is to use one of those small Gorilla pods as a mount instead of that stupid thing they supply as a mount. With the gorilla pod you can wrap the legs around just about anything to attach them in a multitude of ways.

Comment

I am thinking of adding these vents above my bow windows up near the roof of my blind. I can build a little shelf to set the unit on to blow out the vent. Do y’all think it will allow for flow out of the blind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt out of Citadel stand and I clamp it so that it is barely sticking out one of the windows. Depending on which way the wind is blowing determines what window I put it in so that it is always blowing downwind. Doing it this way I rarely if any smell the ozone so I think I'm utilizing it the right way. I just can't figure out why the deer act so spooky when I use it, but when times I don't they seem fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          This is how I set mine up in my pop up too.
                          One trick I discovered is to use one of those small Gorilla pods as a mount instead of that stupid thing they supply as a mount. With the gorilla pod you can wrap the legs around just about anything to attach them in a multitude of ways.
                          Do you know any store that carries those or something similar? The mount that came with the ozonics is hard to utilize in a ground blind.

Comment

Johnny this has served me well and is easily moved blind to blind.

Name:	6D1BCAAC-8994-41A3-9237-93E1FCDD22F8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	24556587

Comment

Roy, that's a GREAT idea!!

Johnny,
                              Best buy, Wally World, Fry's all have the Gorilla Pods. At first I used the tiny one and it worked, but the 1st step up in size did a lot better. Plus they have a quick mount too that you can attach to the 1/4-20 tripod mount on the bottom of the ozonics machine. I just smap on the tripod and twist the legs around one of the rods of a typical ground blind and point the machine down so it blows across and sort of out my shooting window. I've killed lots of animals set up like this...

This is the one I use. I have several and use them for small camera tripods like my GoPro remotes for reverse angle shots and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X