Sweeeet Arrow Saw!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweeeet Arrow Saw!!

First off, I must thank Yankee Cowboy(Calm down I can hear all you Texans laughing saying that's an oxymoron and so forth). He came up with the design and posted a video on YouTube.
    here is a list of things you'll need to buid saw1. mini cut off saw harbor freight $302.48" piece of 1by 5 and a half piece of pine home depot $33. yard stic...

I made a little change in the guide though. This way I can be more exacting with measurements. I can also cut with nocks on or off, depending on how you measure.
    Attached Files

saved for the future!

Comment

Also, it only cost $43 to make.

Comment

Those little chop saws work great. I use one for cutting .223 brass to make 300 BLK brass.

Be careful cutting carbon arrows with that. 1) carbon dust is bad stuff to breath. 2) carbon dust on the electrical circuits is bad. It can cause electric motors to explode since carbon dust is conductive. Best thing to do is use a shop vac with a HEPA filter to suck away the dust as you cut. Don't risk your health. Cutting a few arrows isn't worth a fire or lung cancers down the road.

I don't want to be an alarmist but just be careful. That is an awesome set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Younggun1996 View Post
          saved for the future!

X2

Comment

Thanks txstringbender. Already got some parts to attach to vac this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBowman View Post
              Thanks txstringbender. Already got some parts to attach to vac this weekend.
              Good deal. I work with carbon fiber all the time working on aircraft. It's not something to take lightly. Good on you for taking steps to stay safe.

Comment

Pretty cool idea

Comment

Working...
                X