Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-16-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
JRandolphTX
Eight Point

Hunt In: Webb County
Default Getting a Dog: Lab or Golden?

It's time for my family to get a new dog. We are deciding between a lab and a golden.

I have very little experience with dogs. I wasn't allowed to have one as a kid due to my dad having a traumatic experience with one.

I know dogs are a lot of work and I'm ready to take that on.

I might train it to track, but the main reason is for the family to have a companion.

I have (3) kids and (1) cat. I know a lot of people's opinions on cats, but she has to stay (she's my son's).

With that being said, I know labs and goldens are pretty similar as far as being good with kids, other animals and their temperament.

Are there any big differences between the two? Does a golden shed more?

I'd assume so because of the long-hair, but don't know.
JRandolphTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
tx_basser
Six Point

Hunt In: Any place Public

Goldens shed like crazy... Labs do also but shorter air and not as visible.
tx_basser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
futureagg
Eight Point

Hunt In: Crockett

I have never had a golden, but I have had two chocolate labs. They are high energy, and require quite a bit or work. They can also be fairly stubborn given the chance. Though she is loyal to a fault. Our lab currently is an inside dog, and we have dark floors so we don't see too much of the shedding until we give her a bath in the tub or empty out the roomba. I highly recommend getting a roomba for either of the two breeds you want.
futureagg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
dustinztx
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

I have both. Depends what you want to do both dogs are great the Golden is an all-around family dog and just wants to please and loves the kids. The lab is more independent and more my wife's dog than the families. I honestly feel our lab sheds more but that is my opinion since I am always sweeping up black hair.
dustinztx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #5
hgiles
Ten Point

Hunt In: my blind

If your worried about shedding get a doodle. We have a mini golden doodle and hes great with the family. 2 years old and weighs 22 lbs.
hgiles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
JRandolphTX
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinztx View Post
I have both. Depends what you want to do both dogs are great the Golden is an all-around family dog and just wants to please and loves the kids. The lab is more independent and more my wife's dog than the families. I honestly feel our lab sheds more but that is my opinion since I am always sweeping up black hair.
The bond with the kids will be important.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
jlp04c
Eight Point

Toss a boykin into your short list of breeds.. Mine doesnt shed hardly at all, they are smaller, and brilliant.
jlp04c is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
dustinztx
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRandolphTX View Post
The bond with the kids will be important.
We will always have a Golden. They are just awesome dogs. I have always had one since I was little.
dustinztx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #9
TexasTealHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: North / Central Texas

Lab gets my vote only met 1 or 2 good/great goldens the rest have been hyper. I know it depends on owner and discipline but I know a bunch of labs and none have turned out like the majority of goldens I have met, again I know it deeply depends on owner.

Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 01-16-2020 at 04:53 PM.
TexasTealHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #10
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

Kids, go with Golden.
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #11
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Had a golden for 17 years. Man was he a great dog. Went most any where he wanted and never bothered anyone. He helped watch the neighbors work in their yards. He never fertilized our yard but always helped the neighbors with that too. Great with kids. Became protective of my daughters and wife when he felt something was wrong. It was strange. It never happened much but when it did he knew and was right. The cats we had followed him around like he was Mufasa!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #12
Honker
Eight Point

Hunt In: where the wild things are

Lab...yellow...female.

Google Rabb's Creek Labrador Retrievers in LaGrange, TX.

Tell Mike his favorite nephew referred you.
Honker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #13
Wick1369
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Woods

I have had nothing but goldens so I'm a little partial. I have had nothing but females and they have all been easy to train and great family dogs. My dad had a lab once--and only once. Way to hyper.

Just my .02
Wick1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #14
Bowtech1233
Ten Point

Hunt In: Denton County, Donley County

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgiles View Post
If your worried about shedding get a doodle. We have a mini golden doodle and hes great with the family. 2 years old and weighs 22 lbs.
This right here. We just got one for our kids but shes a standard and is already 40 lbs at just 4 months old. Shes great with the kids and is very smart. She sheds a little, but nothing like our chocolate lab did.
Bowtech1233 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #15
ShockValue
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_basser View Post
Goldens shed like crazy... Labs do also but shorter air and not as visible.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That's hilarious!!!! Labs are the worst for shedding. Get a Furminator!

Both great breeds but the breeder is more important! I'd get a mutt and stay away from "registered" dogs honestly.
ShockValue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #16
ColinR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Labs shed a lot.....Goldens shed a loter. LOL

Bloodlines mean a lot......even for a family dog. If you want a laid back easy going dog get a English with good bloodlines. If you looking for high energy work horse get an American. Sure there are exceptions to every rule but overall this is the case.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #17
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

I have had labs for the sole purpose of hunting, they are happiest when they are working and expending energy.Golden retrievers are more docile and house friendly in my opinion.
If you want an indoor dog, good with kids and cats the Golden will be your best bet.
I never had a Lab that could tolerate cats, they would for my sake but not by choice.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #18
aggie11
Eight Point

Hunt In: Houston, Colorado and La Salle County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp04c View Post
Toss a boykin into your short list of breeds.. Mine doesnt shed hardly at all, they are smaller, and brilliant.
I have been looking at Boykins as well and was wondering how much they shed since I am allergic I cant handle a lot of hair in the house lol
aggie11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #19
sooner6969
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That's hilarious!!!! Labs are the worst for shedding. Get a Furminator!

Both great breeds but the breeder is more important! I'd get a mutt and stay away from "registered" dogs honestly.
X2
sooner6969 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
bowmansdad
Pope & Young

I’ll second the Boykin. 45 lbs., great family dogs, smart, love to please, hunt, shed some, easy to train and have a on/off switch. Get one from a reputable breeder that health tests.
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:17 PM   #21
tigerscowboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer in CO,WY, TX, AK. Bass, Trout, and Reds.

A Golden can be trained with words and kindness. All they want to do is please their owner.

Some labs require a 2x4 to be trained. jk but it can seem just that way at times with some.

I'm a fan of the electronic collars.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #22
Alderrg
Four Point

Hunt In: Llano / Trinity Bay

English Lab! great with kids. Has more of an on/off switch then American lab (usually). Still great nose and lab instincts. Just a little calmer and not as high of prey drive as American lab.

to each is their own really. Cant go wrong with any of them. I would be more focused on finding a good breeder that has health tested parents and health guarantees with the pups.
Alderrg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:33 PM   #23
Sackett
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Neither, get a Viszlador
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #24
Slicefixer
Six Point

Hunt In: KS, AR, TX,LA

Had/have a bunch of both...currently 2 black labs. Every single one is different, just like kids....in fact, they're so smart it's like having a kid that minds better.

Generically speaking, IMOP, it's either/or...a jump ball, as they are VERY similar. With very few exceptions, they all have wonderful dispositions, very eager to please, are very loving, great with kids, and very intelligent, etc. The only real difference is shedding hair and the golden wins that by a TON. My personal preference, but not by much, is a Golden. However, only because I think they're prettier....

Can't go wrong either way...
Slicefixer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 08:19 PM   #25
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Given you've not had a dog before, I'm going to say your best bet is a golden.

Here are two breeders I got info on -

"This is the breeder we got the male from.

http://jhwranch.com/index.html

And this is the breeder we got the female from (their normal website looks like its down at the moment)

https://www.facebook.com/gobergoldens/"

And here is the link to the guy's pics of his golden retrievers on ducks - https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...on#Post7711742

And BTW, the Obedience training for your pup is not for the dog. Its for you on how to train your dog on basics sit, here, kennel up, etc
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 08:40 PM   #26
lostbrd
Four Point

Hunt In: Topsey

Ridgeback!
Awesome family dog!
lostbrd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #27
texashunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell Co, San Saba Co

I have had both, they are both great dogs. Only reason I wouldn’t get a golden again is the hair, it is insane. But both are great. My golden would pull cocker burrs out of my boot laces when we were dove hunting, that was cool.
texashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #28
bk_tradguy88
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas and SE Oklahoma

I have to go with a lab myself. I wanted one for years, and got a chocolate female 5 years ago. Shes been fantastic. Great with our smaller dog. We dont have kids, but shes great with our friends kids. Does take time and training, but worth it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bk_tradguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #29
Coastal Ducks
Ten Point

I've had a few of each and loved them all. Well, most of them. As far as being a family dog either breed will do fine. We have had labs that were wonderful family dogs and one that wasn't. We have had goldens that were wonderful family dogs, and one that wasn't. There is a chance you can get a dud with either breed.

Goldens tend to be much softer. But both breeds are typically very eager to please you. I have had a couple of goldens I could just crush by scolding them. And I have had hard headed labs that scolding didn't mean anything to. They are all different, though.

Labs and goldens BOTH shed alot. You will sweep up/vacuum up enough hair to make several puppies come shedding season. The difference is goldens have real long hair so it seems like it is alot more than a lab. But trust me, labs shed a ton too. It's just something you learn to live with. We love our dogs and they spend tons of time in the house so we don't have carpet. It's easier to sweep up kid dirt and dog hair. The other downside of the golden's hair is they pick up burs, thorns and other stuff when out in the field. That long hair isn't quite as bad as maybe like a spaniel's coat or a poodle's coat but they still pick up tons of stuff that you'll have to comb out.

If hunting is something you want to do with your dog I think you stand a much stronger chance of getting a good hunter with a lab. They have been bred for it for competition an d serious hunting for generations. It can be difficult to find a really good field dog with goldens. There is just so much more back yard breeding that goes on with no thought given to hunting traits. I'm not saying you won't get a golden who has some hunting instinct and drive but chances are way higher to get a good hunter in a lab than in a golden.

But man, those goldens will steal your heart. Anyone who's owned swamp collies will always have a soft spot for those sweet, golden, long haired rascals.

I have had two dogs that were truly exceptional. Those once in a lifetime kind of dogs. Dogs that are just so incredibly good and smart. One was a lab and one was a golden. You likely aren't going to make a bad decision, either one can be everything you are looking for.
Coastal Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #30
spikebuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: Northeast Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
I've had a few of each and loved them all. Well, most of them. As far as being a family dog either breed will do fine. We have had labs that were wonderful family dogs and one that wasn't. We have had goldens that were wonderful family dogs, and one that wasn't. There is a chance you can get a dud with either breed.

Goldens tend to be much softer. But both breeds are typically very eager to please you. I have had a couple of goldens I could just crush by scolding them. And I have had hard headed labs that scolding didn't mean anything to. They are all different, though.

Labs and goldens BOTH shed alot. You will sweep up/vacuum up enough hair to make several puppies come shedding season. The difference is goldens have real long hair so it seems like it is alot more than a lab. But trust me, labs shed a ton too. It's just something you learn to live with. We love our dogs and they spend tons of time in the house so we don't have carpet. It's easier to sweep up kid dirt and dog hair. The other downside of the golden's hair is they pick up burs, thorns and other stuff when out in the field. That long hair isn't quite as bad as maybe like a spaniel's coat or a poodle's coat but they still pick up tons of stuff that you'll have to comb out.

If hunting is something you want to do with your dog I think you stand a much stronger chance of getting a good hunter with a lab. They have been bred for it for competition an d serious hunting for generations. It can be difficult to find a really good field dog with goldens. There is just so much more back yard breeding that goes on with no thought given to hunting traits. I'm not saying you won't get a golden who has some hunting instinct and drive but chances are way higher to get a good hunter in a lab than in a golden.

But man, those goldens will steal your heart. Anyone who's owned swamp collies will always have a soft spot for those sweet, golden, long haired rascals.

I have had two dogs that were truly exceptional. Those once in a lifetime kind of dogs. Dogs that are just so incredibly good and smart. One was a lab and one was a golden. You likely aren't going to make a bad decision, either one can be everything you are looking for.
This is it in a nutshell. Just my opinion. Both breeds are wonderful.
spikebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 01:44 AM   #31
hoghunter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: looking for one

im 50 yrs old been around dogs my whole life, a different breeds and there is nothing better than a lab,
hoghunter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #32
Texans42
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter69 View Post
im 50 yrs old been around dogs my whole life, a different breeds and there is nothing better than a lab,

Except a Chessie
Texans42 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:26 AM   #33
Bowtech08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Austin, Burleson

Get a doodle. I should have some for sale soon

Bowtech08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #34
HCF_CUSTOMS
Nubbin' Buck

5 labs later, I guess you know my vote. Outstanding with kiddos, love to please, only 1 outta 5 was a little stubborn. Current boy is 11 and as sweet as they come

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
HCF_CUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #35
cehorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde, TX

Quote:

I think this hits about everything I was going to say. I loved my golden and I love my lab(s) now. For me the long hair is a deal breaker for 3 reasons.

First whether true or not I always felt like my golden got hotter quicker than my lab due to the long hair. This went for hunting, going for a run or playing in the back yard. With that said, I usually take color into account more than hair length. For example I would be inclined to get a golden before a black lab for heat purposes. I do a lot of dove hunting so for me out of the 2 you listed I will always have a yellow lab. Additionally, the less hair the quicker it dries after getting wet for baths, swimming, etc.

Second, shedding. As others have stated they shed about the same but the golden's hair is longer so it appears to be more.

Third, as mentioned above burs and tangles. I can't tell you how many hours I spent picking or cutting out burrs out of my goldens hair after dove hunts. I have never had that issue with labs. Even if you don't hunt, think about the dog just running around the lease and picking stuff up in their fur. My ex's family also had a golden. When her dad died and we were sitting around her parents house I was tasked with brushing and detangling their golden's hair. Never again!! Granted if you stay on top of it I'm sure it wouldn't be to bad but they let it get bad.

With all of that said, I would also look into mixed breeds as well. I currently have a vizsla/lab mix and she is the best ****ed dog I have ever owned. She has a vizsla's coat so much less shedding and she very rarely gets hot, etc. They are hard to find but a lab/GSP mix or something similar may not be hard to find.
cehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #36
Slicefixer
Six Point

Hunt In: KS, AR, TX,LA

Quote:

While I agree wholeheartedly with virtually all of your post, man, you couldn't be more wrong about the hunting characteristics.

I've hunted ducks, pheasant, quail, chucker behind MANY of BOTH and the Golden is every bit the equal of a Lab.

Lack of hunting instinct certainly was NOT my experience with Golden's at all. In fact, my first golden, "Hogan," was the finest hunting dog I've ever seen....everyone who hunted behind him said the same. Dove, quail, pheasant, ducks....didn't matter. In fact, he'd "block" quail and honor a point. His son, "Nelson," was the same way. Took hours and hours and hours spent with them training.....just like my labs.

As for hunting, IMOP the two breeds are equal and VERY similar with each individual dog, well, is an individual. They are just like human beings....different personalities, intellects, innate tendencies, etc etc etc.

It's more about the owner/trainer than the dog IMOP. You can't train them all the same, but, I've yet to see one you can't train. However, the results will vary.....some just WANT to hunt, badly, a "warrior".....some could give a sh#t, but, will if forced. Most are "tweeners."

It's been my experience that in the SOUTH it's MUCH more common that labs are virtually all you see when duck hunting. Golden's are more the family pet and aren't TRAINED to hunt. So they can't be expected "to hunt."

However, you go up north and chase pheasant, well, you'll hunt behind some d@mn fine Golden's that can go with the absolute best in the field.

Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-17-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Slicefixer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #37
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

As mentioned before, labs have a bunch of energy. Mine is 3 years old and you would think she was 8 months old with the energy she has and how much she wants to play. I wouldn't trade her from the world though.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #38
Bkag09
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hondo

My English labs shed a freaking sweater every week it seems, but man I love them.
Bkag09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #39
hog_down
Ten Point

How old are your kids?
hog_down is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #40
houstonLBD
Spike

Boykins shed way less than labs/goldens
houstonLBD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #41
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: N.TX & W.TX

Goldens will shed but I've never met one with a bad personality. Great family dogs.

If for hunting ducks, i like labs.
Fmjag64 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:52 AM   #42
kch73
Eight Point

Hunt In: Comanche County

Get a male Golden...
kch73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #43
basschump
Eight Point

Hunt In: Around TX

Our Boykin was something else. Great family dog. Smart, sweet, and loved the water. Perfect fit for us. Before we got her, I told my wife they didnt shed much... shes still talks about all the hair.

basschump is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #44
marceco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas , Kansas , & Oklahoma

Find a Breeder who can match what you want your dog to do your needs . I have got several from the same Breeder over the years . When I wanted a Sporting / Hunting Dog she did well . This last time I knew we were going to be in The Houston Metro Area for awhile so I needed a " House Dog " . She nailed it perfectly .
marceco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #45
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

I have always been a Labrador guy but for what you described, I would have to look really hard at a Goldendoodle.

I am not knowledgeable about the ones that shed some versus the ones that shed little to none but it has to do with the % of poodle versus golden etc.

I have allergies and have my entire life so that is one strong factor that would drive me to look at the strain of Goldendoodle that sheds very little. I think maybe it is the H1B maybe? Not sure but I have heard nothing but great things about them from temperament, hunting instinct, trainability, and the list goes on.

Last edited by WyoBull; 01-17-2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: additional comments
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #46
rtarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County

I have an 8 year old black lab who sheds very little now, and only did a little when she was younger. I also have a 1 year old silver (yellow) lab that sheds so much you would swear she should be bald by now! Training is not hard, but must be consistent, even if it is only half an hour a day. The consistency must also extend to other family members and how they interact with the pup. My kids were 7 and 5 when we got the black lab, and I found it more difficult to train the pup with their "help". I used the methods found in "Water Dog" and "Family Dog" by Richard Wolters.

Good luck to you!

Todd
rtarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #47
JRandolphTX
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog_down View Post
How old are your kids?

10, 7, 5

Old 01-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #48
topwater blowup
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Get a Weimer , they a very loyal and fun breed dont shed..
topwater blowup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #49
KyleW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

We have 4 labs at our house and they are excellent family dogs. I brought one of our puppies back with me to Lubbock and so far she is doing excellent as well.

If you get a lab, stick with clicker training (or positive reinforcement training) to train them. They respond really well to it, and if you keep a little of their food out of the bowl when you feed them you can use it as the "treats" while training rather than getting other unhealthy treats while still feeding them the recommended amount.

I don't think you will go wrong with either breed. I have always liked Goldens and Labs, however I like the short hair of labs.
KyleW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #50
WyoBull
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtarcher View Post
I have an 8 year old black lab who sheds very little now, and only did a little when she was younger. I also have a 1 year old silver (yellow) lab that sheds so much you would swear she should be bald by now! Training is not hard, but must be consistent, even if it is only half an hour a day. The consistency must also extend to other family members and how they interact with the pup. My kids were 7 and 5 when we got the black lab, and I found it more difficult to train the pup with their "help". I used the methods found in "Water Dog" and "Family Dog" by Richard Wolters.

Good luck to you!

Todd
I also "subscribe" to Richard Wolter's books you named above. Great methodology and common sense.
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top