Yosemite / Sequoia National parks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosemite / Sequoia National parks?

Anyone have any experience on these? I searched, and there is not much on here about them. I've always wanted to see those big trees. Thinking about a road trip there this summer

No experience either. But it would be a wonderful experience.

Comment

Sir, it can be a “roadtrip” for sure if you don’t look out. I’d recommend flying into Vegas, renting an SUV and going up the east side of the Sierras. The inbetween Texas and The final destination then back can eat up a bunch of travel time.

Comment

I used to fish and hike in the sierras a lot. I’d say fly into Fresno and spend a couple days in the sequoias then drive over to the coast and up Hwy 1 through Big Sur. You can fly out of SFO

Comment

I hiked to the top of Half Dome this summer. Yosemite gets crazy in the summer. Lodging options are limited in the park. Make reservations now. Depending on your family situation they do offer tent cabins in the park. You can usually reserve those a few months in advance. Limited amenities but you are on the valley floor.

Comment

I've been to both places. If you're a woodsy hiking kind of person you'll love it.

Comment

We rented a house in an area called Yosemite West. It's a private area just off the park road and folks rent their houses out. Nice and quiet as well.

Comment

Yosemite is awesome but absolutely packed with it being so close to San Fran.
                Half dome and in the valley are the hot spots

Comment

If you have any interest at all in the Yosemite Valley and native american history, you owe it to yourself to read this:

Comment

We did a pretty long road trip from San Antonio over to Southern California, up the coastline to the Redwood National Forest over and back down to Sequoia National forest and back. The coastline was awesome along with the Redwoods. We saw quite a bit of wildlife along the way.

We stopped at the Sequoia National Forest as a last minute decision and it was a good one. The drive up and down is really nice...a little hairy as the roads are narrow and wind down but pretty cool. We stopped to see the General Sherman tree and it does not disappoint. It's hard to describe how big it is. They have a walkway that has an outline of the base of that tree and you get a pretty good idea of just how tiny you are compared to it.

If I were planning just do that type of trip again, I would go these stops as consideration...

Out
                    - Balmorhea (TX)
                    - Tucson or Yuma
                    - San Diego
                    - Up Pacific Coast Highway (Laguna Beach, Huntington, Muscle Beach, Malibu)
                    - Hollywood Sign

Back
                    - Sequoia
                    - Vegas
                    - Flagstaff
                    - Grand Canyon
                    - Four Corners
                    - Salt Lake (NM)
                    - Roswell

Just a quick off the top of my head.

Comment

Went up there back when I was stationed at Pendleton for 4. It is awesome. I dont remember where all we went. But it is something I will always be glad that I did because the memories will never be forgotten!

Comment

If you must go to peoples republic of kalifonia, Yosimite during peak runoff.

Comment

Fly in to San Fran, Go, to Jack London square, Golden Gate, Half Moon Bay and buy 10lb lobsters off the boat, take pictures on top of the San Andreas fault, drive out to Yosemite and stay in the lodge, tour the park, back to San Fran and fly home .
                          You can ride the electric scooters all over the bay area as well.
                          That was my 3 day itinerary, but I was on a work trip and didn't have much time.
                          Been twice, and it still awes you. 22 yrs between the trips and they were still bigger than I remembered.
                          Definitely a must see at some point in your life.

Comment

Yosemite is amazing,
                            Make campground reservations early and spend some time on google.
                            I have been there a few time and it it never gets old.
                            We drove out in 2015 form Houston, 2 week road trip, Camped in New Mexico Petrified forest, Sedona Arizona, Las Vegas and then Yosemite. Hit LA, the grand canyon and Las Cruses on the way home.
                            You can spend a week in Yosemite and not see it all but it is some of the most beautiful land God created.

FYI it is cold there at night even in July...

Comment

Huge browns at the entrance of Yosemite. If you’re a fly fisherman, you’ll love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X