Lease Openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Openings

Beware of a “Joe Emmite 3k acre lease Uvalde Tx”. He claims there are only 15-16 guns but, we counted 25 that we know of. We had feeders going since April 2019 with pens around them and cameras out at each. No picture of a single deer day or night all the way until Jan.5, 2020. All the neighbors around us have not seen any deer either. Some have not even killed a deer in 3 years. Anthrax did not hit this place. I just want to warn other hunters so they don’t get scammed like we did. If you don’t believe me, donate your money and see for yourself. Thanks

Sounds terrible.

Comment

Man every year that guy nails someone, he has to have help from someone ( unscrupulous friend, other lease members) I truly cannot believe someone has not gotten hurt or put in jail
      How did you find that place? Plus I hate that he uses the briscoe name to sell the scam

Comment

Ouch, that does sound terrible.

Thanks for warning us.

Comment

I was on a lease in concan manager name was gene schmidt stay away from that one as well. I dont remember all the details but I know it was part of briscoe. I think it was 2k acres 10 guys and opening day there was like 30 people and absolutely no deer out there what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
            I was on a lease in concan manager name was gene schmidt stay away from that one as well. I dont remember all the details but I know it was part of briscoe. I think it was 2k acres 10 guys and opening day there was like 30 people and absolutely no deer out there what so ever
            Maybe that is the guy I am thinking about?
            But both have a history of unethical behavior

Comment

This certainly explains the decline in our deer numbers over the past 5+ years in the area. My family owns 800 acres that is split by Hwy 83 at the Deep Creek bridge. I believe the property you were leasing borders ours on our West side. Did that lease "manager" you mentioned have any tag limits or did he go by the state bag limits? 30+ guys can wipe out a herd pretty quick filling 5 tags a piece. This also explains why there are constantly openings for Briscoe's leases in the area. We have taken 5 deer total over the past TWO seasons and have been managing the place for trophy deer over the last 15 years only to see the deer numbers fall off big time.

Comment

Was that you that posted this on PPLFH, or was it someone else going through the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  Was that you that posted this on PPLFH, or was it someone else going through the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Was wondering this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                    Hunted on some briscoe land in Tliden. Was 6k split in two parcels with a third parcel down the road. Found out the lease manager was allowing the 3rd parcel to hunt our 6k and he was bringing in management hunters when we werent there. Think his name was Marty Brown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

These people are absolutely despicable. Stealing folks money and wiping out the deer population as well. They are the epitome of “lease shysters”. Anything for a dollar.

Comment

I have one spot in Hall county. $3500 per spot 4 spots total and 4 sections of land. PM me for more info. Thanks

Comment

man.. I can see 1-2 guys getting duped, but 25 or 30??

people just jump on leases to quick. take your time, ask questions. ask about the landowner, where they live. property boundaries and landowner names can be quickly verified these days. I just can't believe in this day people are able to pull these scams off.

Comment

15 guys on 3,000ac???? Holy smokes that’s crazy

Comment

Sorry for the late response but, thanks Johnson. I will check with my guys.
                              I've only posted about this on here and two kool.
                              We did speak with a couple guys to the west of us and it's sounds like we are neighbors.
                              So speaking with some of the guys that have been on the lease 10+ years, they said when they first got on the lease there were deer everywhere. But, there were no restrictions on limits and the decline in deer started about 6 years ago and now the deer have been shot out and pressured out. And we found out that these guys were exempt from the restrictions he placed on all the new members. We were to only kill 1-8pt or better and 1-cull, no doe. The other guys said they could kill doe. Also, he charged a couple new guys more than he charged the rest.
                              It is a shame that he uses the Briscoe like that. And I was surprised that he hadn't been named on here before. I just wanted to warn all of you and your friends. Everyone is more than welcomed to go and donate like we did but, I couldn't let this go, I am not wired that way. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                              X