Drill Stem Dog fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drill Stem Dog fence

Howdy everyone and Happy New Year! My new years resolution is to build a fence to keep my goldendoodle on our property. In our neighborhood a few folks have drill stem fencing and I like the look. If I was to build a fence using 2 3/8" drill stem with only a top and bottom horizontal rail and 4 gauge 50" x 16' cattle panels, is 16' post spacing to far or is it ok since only a dog? I don't like digging 36" deep holes ever 8' . What are your thoughts and any pictures of your ideas would be nice. Thanks!!

as long as you don't have the need for the reinforcement of putting posts in every 8 feet, I think every 16 feet would work just fine. put them in the same length as the cattle panels in my opinion. smarter work not harder

Comment

I think your top rail will sag if your post are 16' apart.

Comment

Id go 8 myself. If not get some 3/4 sucker rod and put in between if you go 16. Run them up and down it will look better. Try to put them inline with an up and down rail on the panel and they will blend in.

Bow up on your top and bottomn rails a little to level or just above level and weld them in first. This will help with sag wont be much sag in 16ft though.

Once you put sucker rod in then go back and start welding the panels to the top, bottomn rails, post and sucker rod it will make it plenty ridgid.

Comment

I wouldn't do 16' spacing. The rails would probably deflect under their own weight and the fence panels would be very....flexy.

Comment

Or go 10-12Ft spacing and seem your panels together on the sucker rod braces like i mentioned above.

Comment

We span 2 3/8” sch 40 pipe in pipe racks 20’ all the time.

Comment

Sucker rod at top and bottom should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                X