Kind of a sad day yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of a sad day yesterday.

I stopped on the way home from work to get a hair cut. Well, my barber retired since my last time in. I'm actually really happy for him, but this same guy has cut my hair since 1975. It's just not gonna be the same.

Thanks

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. Went in and found out my normal girl quit and had to let a dude cut my hair. I’ll be searching for a new girl now.

Comment

Cliff gave me my first haircut in 1972. He gave me my last haircut in 2009 (then shaved my head). Old style barber shop where they work your shoulders with that massage thingy and hit your clothes with a whisk broom when you stand up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

My barber died back in the late 80's. He was a real barber in a real barber shop.

I found a new guy in a 1 man shop and he was awesome. He could lay down the perfect flat top.

He was fast too. He would knock out a cut in about 5 minutes total.

He told me he was taking home about 120k per year after taxes and he a couple million in Home Depot stock. This was in the mid nineties.

When Robbie retired I got some clippers and started just mowing my own with a #1 guard.

Comment

Old Don retired on my in about 2000. He did mine from 1969 until then. Real barber shops are awesome

Comment

You guys don’t know the excitement of going to Sports Clips and rolling the dice on which hot mess is about to potentially wreck your head. It’s a fun game to play.

Comment

By the time I am your age I won’t need a barber! Count your blessings that you still have hair! I’m 34 and balding already! I’ve been my own barber since I was 20.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                  You guys don’t know the excitement of going to Sports Clips and rolling the dice on which hot mess is about to potentially wreck your head. It’s a fun game to play.
                  This is my favorite game!

While they’re working on your head, you get a peek inside their head

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    I stopped on the way home from work to get a hair cut. Well, my barber retired since my last time in. I'm actually really happy for him, but this same guy has cut my hair since 1975. It's just not gonna be the same.
                    This happened to my father inlaw a couple of years ago and he hasn't had a hair cut in a couple of years now.

Comment

Yep. This was as old school of a barber shop as you can find. The other guy's do OK, but ol Troy was the best. A couple of years ago I got a coupon for a free cut at Great Clips. Went in and told the girl I wanted a good ol men's hair cut. She had no clue what I was talking about. The manager didn't even know how. Gave the coupon to my granddaughter and I went down to Troy. If I can't find another old school shop, I'll just start mowing it with a #2 guard.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                        Yea I do! That's the main reason I haven't had a haircut in about 7 months. I'll get it cut when I find someone I trust. Had the same barber since the mid 80's until he retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Yep. This was as old school of a barber shop as you can find. The other guy's do OK, but ol Troy was the best. A couple of years ago I got a coupon for a free cut at Great Clips. Went in and told the girl I wanted a good ol men's hair cut. She had no clue what I was talking about. The manager didn't even know how. Gave the coupon to my granddaughter and I went down to Troy. If I can't find another old school shop, I'll just start mowing it with a #2 guard.
                          Wright's Barber Shop in Downtown Wylie. Old school barber shop, James has been cutting mine for the past 30 years.

Comment

My dads barber passed away a month or two ago...he was the only barber to touch dad's hair since the early 70's. And it is evident that dad hasn't found a new one, he came by the house a week ago, and when he left my wife commented "I've never seen your dads hair that long before"

I used to drive roughly an hour one way to get mine cut by that barbers son...but then I gave in to the impeding baldness and bought a nice set of clippers, and it is a #1 all over buzz for me every week. I don't have much hair left, but the hair I do have grows fast

Comment

Ok

Comment

Working...
                              X