Snuff made me sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snuff made me sick!

I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes and thought I would try the snuff pouches to wean me off. I bought a can of grizzly wintergreen pouches. I got home this evening and had a few beers and decided to try snuff for the first time. Put the pouch in my bottom lip and it actually tasted pretty good. About 5 minutes went by and my head started spinning. About 5 minutes later it was to the point I had to spit it out because of nausea. The nausea didn't stop till I puked! Is it normal for it to make you feel this way? If so does it quit making you sick if you try again? To be honest I'm a little gun shy now.

Probably the large immediate dose of nicotine. I've had that dizziness/lightheaded-ness happen when I would occasionally dip Copenhagen or if I smoked a really full bodied Maduro cigar.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It takes time to get used to it

Comment

Oh no, your first problem was going with the grizzly wintergreen. That sweet stuff would make even the most seasoned tobacco user sick. Shoulda gone with Copenhagen snuff, the original......... if you really wanted to be sick! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

quitting snuff was the hardest thing ive ever done. quit them both. youll thank me later brother

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji1787] Sorry that made me laugh. Yes, it is normal. I used to chew the crap out of Levi Garrett. Decided to buy a can of skoal long cut one day instead of my usual. Bad mistake. I put a big fat dip in right before digging arrowheads during the summer one evening. About 20 minutes into it I started getting light headed and kind cold n clammy. Decided to head home and felt like death by the time I came up the driveway. I sat outside with the hose and let that cold well water run over my head for I dont know how long. That was 5 years ago. Haven't touched that crap since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was Normal for me. Don’t dip any more but did for quite a while. Not sure how anyone including Myself gets addicted to it because it makes you feel like crap the first can or so
              Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-30-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I credit that feeling for my never getting hooked. While in the Army trying to stay awake on a post, I had tried a majority of tobacco products and every last one of them turned me green

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  [emoji1787][emoji1787] Sorry that made me laugh. Yes, it is normal. I used to chew the crap out of Levi Garrett. Decided to buy a can of skoal long cut one day instead of my usual. Bad mistake. I put a big fat dip in right before digging arrowheads during the summer one evening. About 20 minutes into it I started getting light headed and kind cold n clammy. Decided to head home and felt like death by the time I came up the driveway. I sat outside with the hose and let that cold well water run over my head for I dont know how long. That was 5 years ago. Haven't touched that crap since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  The stuff doesn't play! Good bourbon doesn't have nothing on this stuff! My wife is still laughing at me!

Comment

Never got into dipping but I've had a few.

You goofed starting with grizzly wintergreen. Pinch of that and I'm all but the carnival scene from The Sandlot.

Comment

Comment

Get you some Copenhagen long cut.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                          Get you some Copenhagen long cut.

Wintergreen long cut [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahahaha, it's harder to quit dipping than smoking. Chew gum

Comment

Yes. That happens to most males around age 10. [emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                              X