Game warden question #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game warden question #2

Dropped off a deer at the processor today. Lady gave me a heads up, "make sure you signed the back of the license". We got to talking about the game warden and gettin stopped.

Lady said the got stopped by game warden in matagorda and was told , "the boat key must be fastened to the driver"

Yall ever heard of this? She said they were told it's a new law, passed this year.

Yes with the kill switch.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Comment

kill switches have to be attached legally now, yes.

Comment

The boat key or the kill switch. September 1 the new law went into effect that you have to have your kill switch attached at anything over idle speed.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Have never heard of the actual boat key being attached. I believe that is incorrect..no way I'd be able to stand close enough to the dash to have the actual key attached to me.

However, it IS a law now to have the kill switch attached to you. Maybe that is what she meant by key?

Comment

kill switch as of September yes

Comment

Kill cable law for boats went into effect Sept. 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Dropped off a deer at the processor today. Lady gave me a heads up, "make sure you signed the back of the license". We got to talking about the game warden and gettin stopped.

Lady said the got stopped by game warden in matagorda and was told , "the boat key must be fastened to the driver"

Yall ever heard of this? She said they were told it's a new law, passed this year.

Comment

That would be a true statement. Page 28 of the 2019-2020-Outdoor Regulations, Item "I".

" if equipped, cut-off switch or lanyard must be attached to the operator, operator's clothing, or operator's PFD at all times when a Personal Water Craft (PWC) is underway

Comment

did the law specify how long the cable has to be?

Comment

Next year you have to have a tether cord from your wrist to your rifle in case you drop it.

Comment

que?

Comment

Another bs law just like the seat belt law.

Comment

You have a boat swap ends on you one time and,you won't need a warden to tell you to wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                              That would be a true statement. Page 28 of the 2019-2020-Outdoor Regulations, Item "I".

" if equipped, cut-off switch or lanyard must be attached to the operator, operator's clothing, or operator's PFD at all times when a Personal Water Craft (PWC) is underway
                              Oh, Ok on operator's PFD, we're good then.

Comment

Working...
                              X